the Rift

[OPEN] moon rising

Kirottu Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Youmna :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Lamplight Whit
Kirottu
the cursed one
The moon was heavy, pregnant, in the sky above. It's light seemed to permeate everything, to mute all colours and hues of the realm. With Frostfall firmly upon the lands, the effect was even more dramatic - everything was white, gray, or black.

I stood in the midst of the Grove, my antlers lit with my own elemental soul, the markings that ran down my back humming a soft glow against the midnight that reigned. My bonded - he stood not far from me, gazing into the pond at his wondrous self.

I could feel the thoughts trickle through his crown, the fears and hopes that the day-self he wore had completely disappeared, that no shred of evidence of that old, broken body was left upon his now-pristine, perfect self. I sighed inwardly at the fears, for while his appearance changed, the creature within did not - our bond would not have been possible if it did.

Shush, you, his voice came playfully in my own crown, his smile permeating his entire being with life and happiness. He chided me for my constant desires of interacting more, of finding a purpose to live by, or at least a single land to dwell in. My bonded was capable of much and more, but he got in his own way too often to do more than sulk and hide, and behave like the beast he was named for.

"What do you know of it?" he spoke out loud this time, approaching me at least, reaching out with his soft, perfect muzzle to touch my marked shoulder. I turned my antlered crown, careful not to let the tines hurt him (he was my bonded, after all), and breathed his renewed, fresh scent in, willing him to see that though he was different in appearance, nothing changed where it mattered - he was still Kiro, my Kiro.

Plenty and more, I replied simply, before abruptly turning my attention away from him and studiously beginning to find suitable trees to peel the bark off and nibble on. I was aware of my bonded's slightly hurt feelings, but decidedly ignored them, as he ignored me, in the quiet of the grove and the night.
floweringfatality | whimzi
on deviantart

open for any and all C:
night-time, Kiro is in his 'perfect' body.
in case it's not clear, he's written from Youmna's POV ;D

Messages In This Thread
moon rising - by Kirottu - 02-12-2016, 09:57 PM
RE: moon rising - by Myrrine - 02-20-2016, 10:47 PM