the Rift

Hope as Far as One Can See

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob

DECEMBER
& this is Carl

It was like reliving a nightmare every time she stepped into the Threshold. The vivid memories of the last time she attempted to bring someone home filled her mind constantly, the look of terror and the awful events that followed clouding her vision violently. She snorted as she tried to shake them away, tried to shake away the worries and fears that she would deal with the same thing once again. She couldn't continue avoiding the place that filled with newcomers on a constant basis, not when the Falls was sorely in need of more members. Though she didn't necessarily like the new rulers or the new champion for that matter, she knew she had to do what was best for the herd that had taken her in upon her first arrival here. Ears flickered back as Carl was close behind her, his stoic expression comforting in a way as he pressed to her side. They blended into a mix of pale grey and white, and before she knew it another life form was up ahead. She couldn't make it out at first, for it was moving so swiftly and it seemed much smaller than any horse she would have thought of to come in here by themselves. Unless...

The thought froze her in her tracks. Could it be another foal? The thought sent her heart pounding, anxiety shooting through the roof as she suddenly didn't know where to go with her onslaught of reactions. Would she relive her nightmare like she had always feared? It may have been nearly two years ago that Isara had graced these grounds, but the moment they shared felt as if it had only happened yesterday. Even though the younger girl and her had made some sort of amends, the scars still remained, and December wasn't sure if they would ever heal. Even though she had her own precious babe at home now, who was most likely causing havoc with Miykael in tow, the feelings she had harbored for so long for the winged maiden were still working their way out of her heart. Soon she was close enough to take note that her suspicions were correct; it was indeed a foal. A filly to be exact. She held a dun coloring to her, almost dunskin like her beloved, with eyes seemingly full of wonder as she chased about a poor rabbit. The thought made her immediately think of her little one Merialeth. She was sure the two would get along greatly.

Yet what came with the possibility of them ever meeting was December actually deciding to take the first step and speak to her, to move forward with this conversation instead of watching her like a predator in the shadows. A sharp breeze hit her skin, something she embraced so lovingly, though she knew a small yearling such a she wouldn't feel quite the same way. She probably was rather cold and needed somewhere to warm up fast. Before the ivory lass could think her instincts were kicking in, causing her to gain courage and to bring her massive bulk closer to the girl. With steel eyes watching her calmly with no expression to them, she spoke up softly, fluidly hiding the fear that raged within her," I don't believe you're going to be able to get that rabbit any time soon. It's awfully cold out to be frolicking am I wrong?" She closed the gap a little further, somehow keeping confident even though her heart was pounding within her broad chest. She was so terrified of her reaction, so worried that once she realized who was speaking to her; she would cower and cry just like little Isara had. But this was not Isara, she had to remind herself of that, this was simply a young girl in search of somewhere to belong and call home, and she was most likely entirely unaware of the ghosts that haunted December.

"I am December. Welcome to Helovia, should you need anything or even a place to stay, please don't be afraid to ask me."

Image Credits

Hiya!!! Welcome to Helovia, let me know if you don't want me to tag you @Ru

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Messages In This Thread
Hope as Far as One Can See - by Ru - 02-12-2016, 10:08 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by December - 02-12-2016, 11:29 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by Maren - 02-13-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by Ru - 02-14-2016, 03:15 AM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by December - 02-16-2016, 03:12 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by Maren - 02-17-2016, 04:53 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by Ru - 02-17-2016, 09:43 PM