the Rift

Hope as Far as One Can See

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob

DECEMBER
& this is Carl

She was unafraid of her, in fact quiet the opposite. She stood her ground boldly for reasons the mare wasn't sure of, but she couldn't help but admire the decision to do so. When she had finished speaking the girl simply seemed to accept her words, before finally approaching of her own accord. Every muscle in her body wanted her to back away, to jerk back in fear that the filly was meaning to harm rather than embrace. Her scars and emotions were overpowering her logic, yet she still held firm enough for the filly to press her maw into her elbow. The feeling sent a shot of warmth up her leg, eyes fluttering closed for a minute before finally opening once more to watch the girl. Within her eyes swelled a sudden warmth and kindness, a fondness she only showed to her own precious babe. Yet it was hard to resist the little one's charms, with her seemingly cheerful demeanor. Once her eyes fell upon Carl a giggle escaped her dark lips, causing amusement to flare up into December's breast at the thought.

The llama on the other hand was nowhere pleased, ears flattening and chocolate eyes staring hard at the filly, as if trying to devour her soul with just a mere glance. By now December was able to sense when the companion was ready to spit, and without thinking she headbutted his side, teeth lightly bared in his direction in a strict warning. The fierce maternal instinct she held for Merialeth washed over her right in this moment, making Carl take pause and finally retreat slightly further behind her. She gave him one last warning glare, before looking back to the girl and offering a softer, gentle smile. The fears were beginning to melt away, the pain within her chest releasing its grip upon her fragile heart.

This was not Isara; this was not the same situation, and with each passing second relief began to flood through her at the thought that maybe... she might just have a chance. Her head lowered down in an attempt to become level with the dun's, eyes still filled with kindness as her own muzzle attempted to make contact with the younger one's neck in greeting. How much she had craved this sort of touch from Isara when she was so little. How badly she had wanted to hold her close and let her know that everything was going to be okay. The broken pieces the cream and chocolate mare had left behind were still being picked up... but perhaps this girl could be the glue. Though she didn't expect her to adopt her as a surrogate mother, or to even remain one of her companions should she follow her back to the Falls, the fact that she was so open to everything that is the ivory lass was like a soothing balm against a fresh burn.

Her fondness began to only grow larger, and after a pause she spoke softly with amusement in her tone," That is my companion Carl. Don't mind him, he doesn't like socializing often."  She paused, studying the girl's soft features before another broke through the trees. She had a beautiful coloring to her, with vivid eyes and almost a regal air in her stance. She was slim and almost dainty compared to December's thick and massive form, causing her to give her a once over with those steel eyes of hers. Her words tickled her ears lightly, causing a slight breath to escape from her before turning to the child once again. She greeted the pegasus mare (she presumed that what she was despite her wings unique placing) in her own way, still no words leaving her mouth, just a tender touch to signal acceptance of her introduction. Could she not speak? Perhaps she was still learning like Meria was. No matter how hard her painted princess tried, she still would only speak gibberish. December knew it was only a minor developmental setback, and yet it made her worry how the other foals would respond to her.

Would they shun her because she was different and call her dumb? Was this same girl potentially at risk for being exposed to the same fate? Her heart reached for her immediately, longing to take her home and to give her the love that every little foal so much deserved. Yet she would not push herself this time, she would not become overbearing and protective like she had with Isara. She would do this right, and make sure that the filly felt she was making the best decision for herself. As soon as Maren declared her allegiance to the Throat, and explained how warm it often got, a wave of nausea momentarily washed over the mare. How she loathed the heat, especially in the middle of the summer. It often left her coat thick with sweat and made her often feel groggy and lethargic. What was the worst was when the flies would come to feast on her salty hide, causing her discomfort every way she turned. Not to mention the fact that there wasn't any of her precious snow. Despite all of her feelings towards the heat and the Throat, she simply remained silent, nodding her head in acknowledgement to what she said.

"Though I don't much like the heat myself, especially since it will most likely get brutal in Tallsun, I'm sure the Throat is a decent place to reside. I live in the Hidden Falls, were the temperature is often temperate or sometimes humid, which though it isn't always pleasant either, there is always lush greenery and beautiful waterfalls to play in, should that be something you're interested in," she spoke fluidly, voice even and monotone as always, and despite her calm demeanor, if one were to look close enough, you would be able to see that small glimmer of hope in her eyes that maybe, just maybe this once, the girl would agree with her proposal and come home with her.

Image Credits

I'm so sorry I took so long! My computer went kaput for a bit, so it took awhile to get it back up and running again. I love @Ru so much <3 @Maren

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Messages In This Thread
Hope as Far as One Can See - by Ru - 02-12-2016, 10:08 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by December - 02-12-2016, 11:29 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by Maren - 02-13-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by Ru - 02-14-2016, 03:15 AM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by December - 02-16-2016, 03:12 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by Maren - 02-17-2016, 04:53 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by Ru - 02-17-2016, 09:43 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by December - 02-18-2016, 10:42 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by Maren - 02-25-2016, 05:40 PM