the Rift

[OPEN] and everything is new [Welcoming]

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Tiamat
Tiamat’s gaze sweeps happily over the snowy valley, never tiring of its beauty. She closes her eyes momentarily while she inhales a deep breath, the cold air frosted with pine and the familiarity of home. A dainty ear tilts in Kodiak’s direction when his deep voice rumbles along the wintry breeze, issuing his first question, and she opens her eyes to look to him. “I love it here,” it is said without hesitation, never skipping a beat, with a smile softening her lips. It is not something that she has to think about. The only change she would make is to have her father closer; but even then, as she thinks of the lake and springs, she knows he has not left her alone.

“Sometimes I miss the beach, the ocean, but the Aurora Basin is my home,” her smile broadens affectionately, white eyes drifting to return to the Basin’s vast expanse, and she speaks with quiet confidence, “I belong here.” Ever since the kindly brown mare had brought her here those few years ago, Tiamat has never doubted this fact. This land, this herd, has given her a sense of belonging, a family; she only hopes that it will do the same for Kodiak.

It is not long after when he speaks again, questioning her life before Helovia, and the ocean mare smiles with gentle amusement. “Nowhere specifically, I awoke on the shores of Helovia a few years ago; I don’t recall anything before that.” There is no trace of sadness in her voice, or sense of wistfulness for what might have been. That day that she had awoken—that had been her birth, molded by nature’s tender hands, and ready for her introduction into this part of the world. Tiamat does not consider herself any more important for her heritage, believing them all, in some way, to be connected to nature. Some have simply forgotten.

Settling her gaze again on the stallion’s face, the blue mare continues instinctively, inquiring out of politeness and genuine curiosity, “What about you?” As soon as the last syllable slips from her lips, Tiamat realizes her mistake, glancing to his eye before remembering his injuries. “Oh, right—sorry,” she smiles bashfully, embarrassed by her slip-up, and hoping that she hasn’t offended him. That is far from her intentions.

“You there, healer!”

Tiamat turns her head upon hearing the call, fluted ears perking in attention as she notices the old stallion approaching them. She has seen him around, lingering on the outskirts of gatherings, but has yet to officially exchange words with him. “I have just the thing—Albrecht, isn’t it?” The Medic smiles, ever willing to offer her aid. Arching her neck, the ocean mare snatches what she needs from the herbs braided into her hair, clasping the sprig of ginger between her lips and offering it to him. “Here, this should relieve some of the inflammation. Let me know if you need anything else, I’m happy to help.”

Hearing the crunching of another set of hooves, the blue mare glances up to see Deimos, and her grin tempers to one of familiarity. She admires the dark stallion, deeply respectful of his leadership and his devotion to the herd. “My Lord,” Tiamat inclines her head to him, the curved point of her horn bowing before she casts a glance to the painted draft at her side, “this is Kodiak.” And she leaves it at that, assuming that the stallion would want to speak for himself, while offering him silent encouragement.

“Speech.”
a bright star
so no one lets you down
i will shine to guide you

@Kodiak @Deimos @Albrecht || image || table
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
and everything is new [Welcoming] - by Tiamat - 02-13-2016, 12:08 AM
RE: and everything is new [Welcoming] - by Kodiak - 02-13-2016, 04:12 PM
RE: and everything is new [Welcoming] - by Deimos - 02-14-2016, 09:16 AM
RE: and everything is new [Welcoming] - by Tiamat - 02-15-2016, 03:44 PM