the Rift

[OPEN] Lido Remix

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Roskuld & Zchiraxicon
Where there's no Law tying my heart from the start..

It could’ve ended badly; I could see the muscles in his neck tense up, reacting to my little outburst, and it could’ve turned out a whole lot worse than it did. And I couldn’t even be mad about it cuz it was my fault. I dunno, maybe I woulda learned my lesson finally, after going to blows with a king on his doorstep for being a brat about shit that wasn’t even about him.

…but nah, I got a free card. With a guttural voice that would belong to a giant like him, he only gave me a gentle prod for my name, which was a much more patient scolding than I deserved. And I knew that. “Er--Ros,” I said quickly, before I fucked it up any further.

*”Ophelia no longer resides within the Edge.”*

Motherfuck,” I muttered under my breath. Yeah, that would happen. It seemed like Ma changed houses once a year—or twice a year, considering. I bit my lip, furrowing my brow as I stared around at the mists around me for a sec. It was a weird feeling—that release of tension and the bunching of knots in my stomach all at the same time—as I thought about her and Shapes (still not calling him by his name) leaving the Edge. I dunno man—it seemed…almost disrespectful, considering her relationship with the herd. That she would help it commit some crimes, then live in it, then up and leave like it wasn’t shit. Or maybe it was some shit, and I didn’t know about it, but it didn’t’ stop the slightly sick rolling in my insides. Oh well; I still had some time to bullshit before I needed to look her in her eye. I wasn’t sure if that was a good thing.

“Well…thanks,” I said, still chewing on my lip as I tried to think of what the fuck else I could do, “I appreciate the tip ‘n everything and helping me get out ‘o the wind, but I think we should—“

!!

Oh my god—what?

I was ‘bout to bounce out with Cheek—there was no reason for us to stay and keep breathing these fine people’s air for no reason. But Chico stopped me with a blaring mental alarm, and, as I turned to see why he stopped me, I saw that the little thing that had captured Chico’s fascination was pawing at him with her little-long tubey nose thing. N’aww shit, Cheek, I sighed with exasperation as she basked in the gentle pats of yet another admirer. He was so fucking hopeless, I swear. And he didn’t feel like leaving—not when the wind blew so harsh, and there was so many cuddles on this side of the wall.

“…um,” I started, shifting my hooves a little, cuz I know I had no real right to ask any sort of favor from the huge king, “If…if it’s not too much trouble, y’think me ‘n Chico here could stick around for a…little while? We won’t start no trouble or nothin’, I swear, we jus’ don’t know where to go next yet.” And yeah, we were used to frost at this point, but it would be kinda nice to a few nights without having to look over our shoulders all the time.

“…What kind’o animal is that?” I suddenly blurted, looking towards the long nosed, big-eared thing, knowing I was asking way too many godtdamn questions but not being able to help myself.

"talk" 
"Chico"

image credits

@Lyanna

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Lido Remix - by Roskuld - 02-13-2016, 06:22 PM
RE: Lido Remix - by Lyanna - 02-15-2016, 10:35 AM
RE: Lido Remix - by Roskuld - 02-16-2016, 11:21 PM
RE: Lido Remix - by Lyanna - 02-18-2016, 02:40 PM
RE: Lido Remix - by Roskuld - 02-21-2016, 10:47 AM
RE: Lido Remix - by Lyanna - 02-23-2016, 05:06 PM