[JUDGED] I never call it even [Thranduil Challenge]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

"Where worlds collide, blood divides
When darkness falls, fate calls"
Though not particularly known to have a sense of humor, Ophelia failed to see the source of his amusement in all this. First, he threatened to steal her or something of hers (she wasn’t sure which), and then he professed himself to be the be-all-end-all of spying (even though he failed at it). Now, he was laughing, and she saw no reason for his amusement. He was not in a lofty position to find humor in the plebeians. By his own admission, they were both outcasts and he was acting a fool.

Perhaps it was the thought that she was not being taken seriously which chapped at her pride, but she flung the thought away, having never cared much about others’ opinions. No, truly this was about vengeance: the ever burning fire of her soul; red hot and violent it licked at the sides of her throat, tendrils curling up into her irises as she planned and executed her first attack.

She kept her cloven hooves moving, making a concentrated effort to never stop lest he overpower her in her complacency. Blood began to trickle like whispers down her forelegs, the damaged flesh beneath her pale skin groaning under the tension of movement. Ophelia sent the dual forces of her magic from two sources upon her enemy and approached, gasping when she watched a stone shatter upon his brow.

“Amulet!” Tinek yelled through their bond. Her mind began to grow weak as it folded in on itself, the paradox of forgetting oneself generating dimensions of cacophony. She suffered seconds of torture before she was able to summon the magic to block her own mind, but this time from herself.

Those seconds were too long.

Her rattled mind was shaken to its very core, and pain greater than a physical knife to her head stabbed its way between her ears. Clouds blocked her vision as tears leaked from her eyes, the agony in her head screaming and echoing in her own ears.

The oath she made for herself kept her vessel in constant motion despite the fog of pain in her head, and she felt her horn hit soft, tender flesh before bouncing off… metal?  Wasn’t he trying to hit her earlier? She missed it somehow, but perhaps only because she had hit him first… Metal? He had armor on?

The query was answered in pain, but it was both a blessing and a curse. As her horn slid free, she moved forward, his shoulder rocking into her right one, and the pikes along the plating jabbed cleanly into the meat of her withers. Ophelia stifled a cry and instead praised the Sun God that this exchange of agony cleared the throbbing in her skull. She wanted to laugh in pleasure at the ecstasy she felt upon being released from her own migraine, even as she tried to limp away from Thranduil.

With a deep breath she glanced down at her own body, seeing evenly spaced but deep puncture wounds in her right shoulder. Blood leaked from the holes and spiraled down her shapely leg, warm and treacherous as it left her body for another host. She snorted indignantly, anger filling all the voids of her soul. Dark red rain began to fall upon her pelt from the cloudless sky, invisible until the drops hit her white skin and slid down. Crimson tears curled over her cheeks and hid her injuries in the very tint of her pelt as she moved toward Thranduil, a slight limp in her gait from her right shoulder.

Not even the bitter chill of the snow could cool her temper now, and she squinted her eyes against the wan sunlight bouncing off the white ground. Tinek growled, keeping track of the deer-thing as he flew over Ophelia, exhaling static and frost at the ground around the back of his bond-mate to keep her protected as she danced her way into her next attack.

Curious about the amulets still, she took another one out of her mane, quickly stuffing her own memory magic in again. As she hoped to be within range of his armored, golden body, she unleashed the powers within the light dangling from her forehead, closing her own eyes quickly lest she be blinded. Simultaneously, she utilized the amulet with her memory magic within, hoping that the light caused him to be dazed and give his mind less fortitude against her powers. Her body was too injured, so she assumed the role of mage instead of warrior.

Unable to wait to see if her plan worked, she tried to sidle closer sideways, sending her uninjured left side in first as she protected her right. With bared teeth, she reached out and snapped at his lower neck, hoping to find it unprotected.

------------------------
(2/4) (797 words in word)
- USES A SUN AMULET
- mind magic turned back on her causes massive head pain
- takes full, direct damage from his shoulder armor and has a right side limp now
- Puts her memory removing magic into the amulet again and uses it at the same time she flashes the light from this item:
:: [ Item: Sunlight Essence | Offensive. An orb of sunlight tied around her horn that can emit blinding light when needed. ]
:: [ Restrictions | Can be used to temporarily blind opponents - effects lasting 10 seconds. ]
- Reaches out to bite at the underside of his neck

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz

@Thranduil

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I never call it even [Thranduil Challenge] - by Ophelia - 02-25-2016, 12:35 AM