the Rift

[OPEN] Sunrises [Hatching]

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
“It is good to meet you Murtagh,”  she said to the boy, “and you too Eytan,” she added, addressing the bear as well.  A’mal found herself quite curious about these two newcomers.  What an interesting place this new world was.  Feeling no fear from her bonded, A’mal made her way towards the youngster and the bear on still-unsteady legs, weaving between her bonded’s forelegs. This pair certainly didn’t look like her bonded.  Curious golden eyes looked up at the strange protrusion growing from between the boys eyes.  And the bear.  Eytan was a particular source of fascination.

That was until she saw it.

Saw the shining metallic beacon that hung around the boy’s neck.  Her golden eyes locked on the object as the sun’s rays danced across the surface of the compass.  Hunger temporally forgotten, the little dragon released a series of happy clicks and dragon-gurgles as the equines spoke.

Seeing that A’mal was properly entertained, Najya continued, giving Murtagh as close to her full attention as possible.  “A quest! Well then, I’m sure the two of you have been quite busy. I’m sure you’ll have that bear cub soon enough, Murtagh.  And when you do maybe he or she would want to play with A’mal sometime?”  This resulted in more happy noises from A’mal, though she hardly tore her gaze away from the gently swinging compass, nor did the implications of her bonded’s words truly register.

When Murtagh brought up the idea of finding something for A’mal to eat, a smile broke out across the little mare’s lips.  What a clever boy.  It would certainly be an easier task to catch fish with three than trying to do it on her own.  “You’re right about that.  She,” Najya winked at the boy, “Is very hungry indeed!”  At the mention of hunger, A’mal seemed to be drawn from her stupor and looked eagerly between the strange trio of bonded, bear, and boy.  As Murtagh began to dance in place, Amal mimicked his movements, staring intently at his hooves as tiny clouds of sand arose around them.

“I think that’s a perfect idea, and I think I have a plan as to how we could catch some of those little fish too,” she said, conspiratorially, as the idea began to take shape in her head. “What if I use my light magic to draw the fish to one spot, Etyan swipes them out of the water, and you gather them? Sound good?”

She took a few steps towards the nearby seashore before looking back over her shoulder, “It’s worth a try, right?” she added, with a happy laugh, before trotting towards the cerulean waves.  A’mal, discontent to leave her new friend (and his compass behind), spun in two circles, let out a sound akin to a purr, and then too off after her bonded – excited at the prospect of a meal. 

-- najya --

image credit || HTML by Kyra

@Murtagh

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Messages In This Thread
Sunrises [Hatching] - by Najya - 02-17-2016, 12:18 AM
RE: Sunrises [Hatching] - by Murtagh - 02-17-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: Sunrises [Hatching] - by Najya - 02-22-2016, 12:22 AM
RE: Sunrises [Hatching] - by Murtagh - 02-23-2016, 01:35 PM
RE: Sunrises [Hatching] - by Najya - 03-12-2016, 12:41 AM
RE: Sunrises [Hatching] - by Murtagh - 03-12-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: Sunrises [Hatching] - by Najya - 03-14-2016, 05:47 PM
RE: Sunrises [Hatching] - by Murtagh - 03-14-2016, 09:28 PM