the Rift

[OPEN] !! Bird Set Free [Joining]

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Cera
Whatever you put me through, I'll come out alive

Megaera's anger does not sway him, and the Prince stands firm, his expression of disappointment firm upon his face. He loves her, and he is comfortable and confident in that love. Sometimes you hurt and berate those you love, and Cera has felt the sting of passionate, faithful love so many times in his young life. So he does not back down, not when he knows she is wrong. "Of course he's not your puppet," and the horror and disgust creeps into his voice at the mere notion, and a little hurt that Megaera thought he would ever insinuate she was Gwaihir's controller. "But you are his sister, or mother, or however your bond orchestrates itself. So teach him that it's wrong. What if it had been a lead's companion? If he had done that to Fina while Midas lived and led the Falls?" His voice has softened a little after his first surge of righteous anger. It's not that it's Rasta. Can't you see? That she pulls the rank card on him makes him flinch a little, but it doens't matter. It doesn't. I've lived on these sands my whole life, Megaera. I have more right here than you do, in some ways. But it is a vile thought, and he will not speak it. 

"You are more than within your rights, but you didn't even see her before the incident," Cera noted, pointing out the flaw in her argument. At least Rasta was a distraction, her muzzle soft against him in contrast to Ettore's sharp claws on his withers that he welcomed easily. But he removed himself from her touch rather quickly in comparison to their normal interactions. This was not his battle to be waged, nor his decision to be made. Cera had given her an invitation, but that was all he had in his power to give. Rasta had to fight this battle herself, and Cera would not contest the answer handed down by his leaders, even if it would break his heart to not have her return home. He stepped back and away from the blind mare as she spoke, eyeing Megaera quietly from the side of his eye. He wanted to speak with her, felt regret for doing so in front of company and undermining her authority, but he would not stand for such violent actions against a companion. They were precious, and he was more disappointed in Gwaihir than anything. I just want you safe, Megaera. Why don't you see that? If it had been a lead you would hate yourself forever for giving the Throat a bad name. I know you would. But he did not try to correct or dissuade her anger against him. 

They would overcome it. Cera knew they were strong enough for that. 

Gaucho comes on a blaze of fire, and Cera can only glance at him for but a moment before a swell of conflicting emotion tries to choke him. He returned the nod gratefully, a small smile playing on his lips at seeing his Sultan after so long. He didn't abandon you, Ilaria said softly, aware of where his heart was leading him. Cera sighed softly as he settled back, hocks cooling in the water. You don't have to leave to abandon someone. Ilaria just sighed. 

For once mildly grateful for Rasta's blindness, Cera turned sad doe eyes towards Megaera for a moment, wing extending hesitantly, asking for forgiveness silently. Or at least a reprieve, something to tell him that she in any way understood where he was coming from. That this wasn't an attack against her, but a defense. To keep her safe from a potentially fatal mistake in the threads of diplomacy. I love you, and because I love you, sometimes I have to do what's best for you. Shame and humiliation before others...it is a good motivator.

Cera turned his head to tune back into Gaucho, whether Megaera reached out to touch him back or not. He didn't contest a single word, in fact standing rather awkwardly cushioned between the two he loved so dearly. If Gaucho turned Rasta away, well...it was not Cera's decision from here, and he didn't mind that so much. He trusted Gaucho and Megaera with his life and the lives of the Throat denizens. 

He'd done the best he could on Rasta's behalf. The rest was her fight. 

- - -

-also shoves Meg and Cera together crying-

posting this now because I know I'm going to forget this thread really easily otherwise

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
!! Bird Set Free [Joining] - by Rasta - 02-17-2016, 01:12 AM
RE: !! Bird Set Free [Joining] - by Megaera - 02-21-2016, 11:55 AM
RE: !! Bird Set Free [Joining] - by Cera - 02-21-2016, 11:58 PM
RE: !! Bird Set Free [Joining] - by Rasta - 02-22-2016, 01:18 AM
RE: !! Bird Set Free [Joining] - by Gaucho - 02-22-2016, 11:24 AM
RE: !! Bird Set Free [Joining] - by Megaera - 02-29-2016, 03:00 PM
RE: !! Bird Set Free [Joining] - by Cera - 02-29-2016, 10:23 PM