the Rift

[OPEN] And who shall tell the amorist Oblivion is so loverless.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
The decision to remain alone for a while longer leads me here, to this grove of green bamboo and dizzying pathways.  I’d thought I would never see the end of the odd plants when at last they broke open into this clearing, edged by three entrances (including that from which I’d come) leading back into the maze.  The snow, having been light in the meadow, is almost nonexistent here, the sun having been high and full for days without a single whisper of snow, the only reminder of the season being the cold wind that whistles through and tousles the wearily green grasses.

Occasionally, it seems as if the ghost sound of wolves fills the whisper of the wind, keeping me unsettled in a way that is rather uncharacteristic of my usual cocky behavior.  That I feel this way further perturbs me, so that the fear of wolves is replaced instead with, in this instance, a taste test of the oddly still greenish grass, and in other times, full fledged anger at myself, or the jittery watchfulness of one who is sure there is something out there.

The taste test reveals that the grass is oddly greenish due the proximity of the still very green bamboo.  That the plant so tenaciously perseveres the chill is no wonder to me, the sort to see strange parallels, like that of wolves being resilient to cold, as well; that this all leads me back to the sounds I’m imagining on the wind, and the memory of a dark and horrifying Goddess befouling all she touched with her myriad of snarling hounds in tow, makes me want to beat my head into a tree.

Instead, I send one of my hooves out behind me roughly, letting the satisfying sound of the bamboo cracking under the impact chase away the ghost of the Goddess. 

@Difyr

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
And who shall tell the amorist Oblivion is so loverless. - by Rikyn - 02-17-2016, 12:51 PM