the Rift

[OPEN] Our love is a tragedy | Why is he my remedy

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Hope the wound heals but it never does, that's cause I'm at war with love
Never let a wound ruin me, but I feel like ruin's wooing me
She sensed something of a presence first, but it was light, subtle, easy enough to brush off as she lost herself to herself. If she was to be jumped and beaten or taken prisoner, it'd be no different fate than the one she'd deliver unto herself, so she was not worried, or was just simply, not aware enough to take notice.

Then the shriek split the sky way, pulling Ampere's focus upwards with a visible jump as her hide twitched with a jolt of surprise. Her blue eyes landed on the zephyr, and even if she couldn't remember his name, she remembered him. She wasn't good with names, but faces, especially of companions, those she never forgot.

Her head turned, bending over her shoulder to look at the pale mare that stood there like a ghost of her past. The sea breeze blew her mane like a dark wave against the slope of her neck, gentle, but tugging, tangling. She inhaled deeply, like a mental or emotional preparation for this unexpected encounter. "Is it?" Ampere asked quietly, "I hadn't noticed." She was softer, both of them were. Sohalia had always been strong in Ampere's mind, even if she did not wear it in the brazen physicality that Ampere did. She seemed more distant now though, more, ruined. Ampere did too; she wore more scars, more creases on her face, more shadows there to dull the vibrancy of her eyes. Maybe it was just age, but it wasn't, it was heart ache.

There was a lot Ampere wanted to say, a lot she could have said. Things like, "are you back now?" "For good?" or "Where did you go?" or "Do you still love Gaucho (does he still love you?)?" but none of them came to her lips, unbidden or otherwise. Instead she just watched the pale mare, the Transcended, and finally managed to rouse something to her tongue. "It's good to see you again." It was too, in as much as it wasn't. Sohalia and she had left on good enough terms, and Ampere had been trying to foster a friendship in the mare, even if her heart had betrayed that and failed to keep Gaucho out of it. That was the not so good part, because what were they now, if not ruined? She had ruined them, again, just like she was always ruining it with Gaucho, whatever it even was - she had never been able to determine that answer. Would he finally grow tired of her games and reconnect with his first love, this pale dove? Was that for the better, making Ampere's choice of Mesec more simple?

The thought of such made her gut clench.
It couldn't be that simple.

Ampere

image credits

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our love is a tragedy | Why is he my remedy - by Ampere - 02-28-2016, 01:04 AM