the Rift

[OPEN] You're a fire, I'm the dark in need of light

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
She was on her way home. Even that simple fact was enough to put her at ease. No matter how long duty forced her away, be it an hour or a day, Megaera was always thankful to set her sights towards the Dragon’s Throat again. Life wasn’t easy there, days were long, conditions harsh and the pressures of leading were never forgotten, but Meg was happier than she had ever been. She had a place, a home; she had Gwaihir and good friends; she had Einarr and their children. If the worst she must suffer was was a few hours away to maintain touch with Helovia at large, Meg gave her time and energy gladly.

The easiest way home from the labyrinth was to fly over it, so pegasus and eagle soared together over the tall maze of bamboo. “I feel like its been long enough since the last one, I should probably do it soon.” Meg spoke through her mind to the eagle, continuing their discussion. Gwaihir was getting quite practiced at their internal form of speech and was always eager for practice; a very discerning bird, he did not like to think he could not make himself perfectly understood when he needed to. “The last one did not go well.” he reminded her [quite unnecessarily]. “What current news warrants gathering everyone together? There are too many opposed personalities, it’s like throwing scorpions into a bag and shaking them up to brim them all in at once. I wouldn’t.” She sighed at this, he did have a fair point. “On the other wing, it would weed out trouble makers, you could evict those who don’t fall in line.” He said it in all seriousness, having little tolerance for shenanigans of any kind and even gave a solemn little nod that made Meg laugh. “If I kicked out everyone who had a disagreement it’d be rather small herd, no? Besides, even if I have no news it would be good to touch base, see if anyone else is having problems—”

A distinctly avian screech cut the Sunspear off short and had both on high alert. Below them something bright and blue blazed through the darkness, drawing the eyes like a magnet. Wing moved, bodies shifted, and in unison the brown pair turned and aimed themselves at the disturbance and began their pursuit.

Down, through the canopy and to the ground, Meg landed with practiced skill and transitioned to a gallop, trailing he blaze of blue sparks just ahead and winking out of sight at every turn. Above Gwaihir continued on wing, sending warning of the target’s movements back to his bonded. The mare ran, soon breaking a sweat but not relenting and at some point she thought she knew exactly who it was that she was following.

When the blaze stopped, so did she, and watched for a moment as a her Chancellor was illuminated and then left in darkness. She only breathed for a moment but then spoke gently into the night. “Ampere.”

“Meg's Speech”
"Meg to Gwaihir"
"Gwaihir to Meg"
image credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: You're a fire, I'm the dark in need of light - by Megaera - 02-21-2016, 12:00 PM