the Rift

[OPEN] You're a fire, I'm the dark in need of light

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
Megaera breathed into the silence, trying to pull in oxygen and let it push the minor fatigue from her limbs. The sheen of sweat, the harsh edges of the air that raked her throat; both were as near to nonexistent compared to the strange silence that seemed to stretch between she and Ampere. She heard the sigh, and waited, waited waited for yew blue mare to turn. She hated silences like this; hated those moments when the unknown and unknowable space of unspoken words stretched out in front of her like a dark uncharted ocean. In the midst of action she could be reactionary, instinctive, but when the Sunspear was forced to wait was when the weight of what could be suddenly felt so crippling.

This didn’t seem like Ampere, or at least in the limited scope of what Megaera knew of her. Why didn’t the blue turn? Why didn’t she speak? What was she doing tearing through the dark jungle in the middle of the night?

Megaera might have expected to hear to thunderous crashing of a monsters in the trees, whether it might have been the chancellor’s prey of having been chasing her in a predatory pursuit, but no. To her knowledge the mare was completely alone. Just running.

Ampere turned at last and though the gloom Megaera watched the mare with weary eyes. A place to train? something in that rang false but Meg could not conjure a satisfactory reason why she felt they way. She didn’t know this mare, not in any way that really mattered and the gap was as frustrating and uncomfortable as the ended silence. For all they had in common, for all the months of their acquaintance, they had yet to find satisfactory common ground. It unsettled Megaera, those heaping piles of unknowns and  so much more because the seat of them was so close to home.

The back and forth ticked in the Sunspear’s mind, hypocritically stretching the silence she hated while she stared at the mare from under a furrowed brow. If this was to end, perhaps she had to end it, but something inter wanted to hold back for fear of pushing this indifferent acquaintance toward animosity. Suck it up, Sunspear, there’s no point in dragging feet. "Well that’s true enough, go on then!" Gwaihir interjected, intruding on his bonded’s thoughts. It was uncomortable to have this nervous frustration rolling off of her, and so he—quite cheerfully— picked up his roll as her somewhat impartial voice of reason. He had circled around and perched himself on a high branch over looking the pair.

"I don't understand you." It was blunt, it was honest, and honestly a bit rushed as she forced the words out with an exasperated sigh. "Or at least, I don't think we understand each other. You don’t seem to like me and I guess that’s fine, but I don’t like feeling I can't trust you. I have a hard time trusting what I don't know and well, I don't know you, Ampere." She had tried being careful, tried being "diplomatic" when the mare had questioned her on there last patrol but that had gotten them nowhere. Time for a do-or-die kind of moment.

“Meg's Speech”
"Meg to Gwaihir"
"Gwaihir to Meg"
image credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: You're a fire, I'm the dark in need of light - by Megaera - 03-28-2016, 06:47 PM