the Rift

sound the drums

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
tembovu
Her playful wink at him caused a snort to rush past his nostrils and something warily raised its head his the back of mind— just what trouble would the cat cause, here? She had been the beginning of his vengeance, a source of ire between him and Aji… He already had enough troubles brimming in his life, would his cat be another?

Or would she be balm to his headaches? A solution to his dilemmas?

Navy eyes sweep her body, perhaps lingering a moment too long on her haunches, and he slightly shakes his great skull to himself. Adaeze had trouble written all over her. She always had. He sighs softly, waves of darkness and guilt returning as she questions his kingship. “A friend—” was Mauja his friend? his thought interrupted his words before he continues, “The previous King stepped aside and offered leadership to me.” Though his explanation was simple, the shadow in his eyes and suddenly withdrawn and quiet tone to his voice spoke the volumes that his words did not.

His now-sad gaze leaves Ada, turning to Mbwene whose bright blue eyes had swept to his when she heard the sad timbre of his voice. She squeaks softly, trundling over to stand loyally alongside his front limbs, trunk twining gently around his knee. His face, now creasing once again with the lines that seeing Ada had wiped from it, rose from the small elephant and looked to the cheetah, “Please join me, Ada,” his quiet rumble ignored her playful jib. His mind and soul, still raw from his dark deeds in the forest, were not quite ready for their usual verbal banter.

But, as she rubs her silken, spotted shoulder against his (scarred hide twitched as he leaned into her brush), he cannot help the small grin that plays at the corners of her mouth then she teases him. “I’ll make it worth yours if you make it worth mine,” his quiet rumble is warmer, now, and he reaches with his teeth to tug a strand of her black mane.

Slowly, almost reluctantly, he begins to move away from her soft warmth, motion with his massive horn west, towards the World’s Edge.

@Adaeze

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
sound the drums - by Adaeze - 02-19-2016, 12:31 PM
RE: sound the drums - by Tembovu - 02-21-2016, 08:52 AM
RE: sound the drums - by Adaeze - 02-23-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: sound the drums - by Echo - 02-25-2016, 09:05 PM
RE: sound the drums - by Tembovu - 02-26-2016, 01:51 AM
RE: sound the drums - by Adaeze - 03-07-2016, 12:09 PM
RE: sound the drums - by Echo - 03-17-2016, 01:56 AM
RE: sound the drums - by Tembovu - 03-17-2016, 10:16 AM
RE: sound the drums - by Adaeze - 03-20-2016, 09:00 PM