the Rift

No rest for the wicked [Sneak Meeting]

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki
iona
There’s nothing that can crack through Iona’s stony exterior quite like children, and d’Arcy is no exception.  Seeing the girl’s enthusiasm is more than enough to draw a small smile to Iona’s lips.  It wasn’t often that individuals were enthused to attend meetings and the like.  But kids? They were happy to be included in anything

Though seeing the filly appear on her own, because it was evident that she didn’t belong to Raeden by their introduction, did conjure the memory of Iona’s first meeting with Erthe.  Where was the girl’s mother?  She knew better than to ask, but it didn’t stop her from wondering…or feeling instantly protective of the girl. 

But it is Raeden her attention shifts to as the pale mare speaks.  Iona’s dark ears prick at the mare mentions her connections to the Basin. If she had to hazard a guess, she’d assume that the woman is a native-born to these lands if for no other reason than her age and her web of connections to this place.  However, it was entirely possible that she had come here with her relations like Iona had done.  Either way, she takes it as affirmation that re-establishing connections and networks outside the Edge is exactly what they need to be doing.  The fact that Raeden – and even little d’Arcy – both had connections within another herd was encouraging.  

It was certainly a good place to start.  Their network was lacking.  Eventually she wanted to have eyes and ears all over Helovia.  But for the time being, this would be more than enough.  

“Well then, it seems like a trip to the Basin is in order – for both of you,” the painted mare said with a nod to the pair of them. Her green gaze flicked contentedly between the pair, pleased with the quality of those who had come to the meeting, if not the quantity.  She shifted then, looking and speaking directly at the filly.  “d’Arcy if you’d like to go to the Basin with Raeden, that’s more than okay with me. I’d certainly feel more comfortable with the two of you traveling together. Then we’ll see about some lessons in being a good sneak when you get home and tell me what you’ve learned. Fair trade, don’t you think?”  Again, a smile crept across the mare’s usually stoic features. 

Her attention then shifted back to the pale mare, still wearing the shadow of a smile, her tone was easy – a reflection of her good mood. “I appreciate you offering to take her, Raeden.  I’ll travel to lands in the south – see what and who I find there.  Then we can meet up again sometime in birdsong after we’ve had time to make our respective journeys.”

"The question isn't who's going to let me;
it's who's going to stop me."
image credits || quote: ayn rand

You only have to reply if you want to finish out the meeting on your end <3
@Raeden 
@D'Arcy

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
No rest for the wicked [Sneak Meeting] - by Iona - 02-19-2016, 07:21 PM
RE: No rest for the wicked [Sneak Meeting] - by Iona - 03-13-2016, 12:06 AM