the Rift

[PRIVATE] there's a firefly loose tonight

Asavvi Posts: 41
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 2
Laine

Asavvi heard the “Wow!” from across the quiet meadow and could easily have ignored it. Not that she was in a habit if ignoring other people (in fact, she was usually so particular about manners that no one  in her vicinity went un introduced) but the word itself was echoed so fervently by her own thoughts that she might have said it herself! But the voice was not her own gentle cadence but a little lower and a little more enthusiastic.

She turned her head to see the colt approaching and her evening of firsts gained one more new experience. Besides her twin brother, the only foals near her own age she had met had been female, and though she wasn’t sure why, this seemed an entirely different situation. The colt was a bit older, a bit taller than she, but still close enough to be considered a peer than a proper elder, and to have him looking at her, or at least her stars, with interest gave her an odd, tickling sensation in her stomach that made her want to gigglle.

And she did giggle, just a bit when he asked if she was the cause of the pretty little lights. It was a giddy little sound, because she was just as delighted to have someone there to share in her stars than she had been to discover them. “Yes! At least I think so, I’ve never done this before!”  She grinned though the twinkling light at the colt “I am Asavvi, pleased to meet you!” she gave her customary little nod before looking up again. Oh! Look at his eyes, they’re such a lovely color! she thought. They brought to mind all her favorite shades: the amethysts she’d found in the Heart Caves, the misty purple skies of early mornings.

Alas her attention was pulled back to the little floating stars. “Aren’t they just wonderful?” she asked, somewhat dreamily. She wanted to reach out, to touch one, and she did so carefully, as if afraid they might all suddenly disappear. One floated about a foot from her face and she moved to slowly settle her velvety nose against it. The little ball pulsed  at the touch but stayed put, warm and gentle against her lips. The filly sighed with giddy pleasure, it felt so familiar, like the warm side of her mother: a safe and comforting presence, a friend.

"."
@Murtagh 

Asavvi
Cause you get lighter the more it gets dark
I'm gonna give you my heart
credits

Messages In This Thread
there's a firefly loose tonight - by Asavvi - 02-19-2016, 11:28 PM
RE: there's a firefly loose tonight - by Murtagh - 02-21-2016, 03:06 PM
RE: there's a firefly loose tonight - by Asavvi - 03-06-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: there's a firefly loose tonight - by Murtagh - 03-10-2016, 06:33 PM
RE: there's a firefly loose tonight - by Asavvi - 05-07-2016, 07:33 PM