the Rift

[PRIVATE] there's a firefly loose tonight

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah
-

A crooked smile tugged at the corners of Murtagh’s mouth when she giggled. He didn’t think he had said anything funny, but it wasn’t a bad thing to make someone laugh right? Belatedly, he wondered if she had been laughing at him but soon enough there was a little bit of an explanation and a name for the star girl. “I’m Murtagh!” He whispered back, still conscious of how loud his ‘Wow!’ had been just a few moments ago.

“It’s uh, nice to meet you too, Asavvi.” He added a little sheepishly afterwards, trying to remember what the polite way to greet someone else was. She seemed to know so he followed her example. He didn’t want Eytan, who was bound to be lurking nearby and eavesdropping, telling his Papa that he had been rude to this filly. The grizzly was such a tattletale. But though his ears flicked back, seeking some sort of sign of the location of the grizzly, it was only a second before his entire attention was back on Asavvi. It was beautiful the way the lights were twinkling, like stars but right there.

“They are! I’ve never done magic before. I hope I can make something this cool one day.” If his expression wasn’t enough, lavender eyes shining with the light of the star field, his voice made his awe clear. He had seen some pretty cool magic but in this moment he couldn’t think of one that was this cool.

Encouraged by her ability to touch one of them, Murtagh took a hesitant step forward and reached out his black muzzle toward one of the shining orbs - only to be quickly rewarded by a burn. Jerking backward, Murtagh shook his head as though that would help, frowning angrily at the stars now. Though it was a mild burn, it hurt more on the soft flesh of his muzzle. “Oooh, they burn though!” He quickly ducked his head to douse the burnt skin in the snow by his feet, but all the while keeping his eyes on what he now saw as a dangerous girl and her stars. “How come they don’t burn you? He muttered accusingly through the snow.

artwork by reli <3

@Asavvi
[Image: 5626f07281a02]
pixel by Kiara <3

Messages In This Thread
there's a firefly loose tonight - by Asavvi - 02-19-2016, 11:28 PM
RE: there's a firefly loose tonight - by Murtagh - 02-21-2016, 03:06 PM
RE: there's a firefly loose tonight - by Asavvi - 03-06-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: there's a firefly loose tonight - by Murtagh - 03-10-2016, 06:33 PM
RE: there's a firefly loose tonight - by Asavvi - 05-07-2016, 07:33 PM
RE: there's a firefly loose tonight - by Murtagh - 06-16-2016, 07:00 PM