the Rift

[PRIVATE] there's a firefly loose tonight

Asavvi Posts: 41
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 2
Laine

They really were lovely, all the beauty of stars without that cold, faraway feeling; they were like hopes that did not dance away from the heart in order to be chased, but stayed and wrapped themselves around it. The didn’t think for a moment to stop Murtagh as he copied her and reached to touch one of the glowing orbs. Even if she hadn’t been so focused on the one in front of her she would have encouraged him to try. Asavvi had never been one to hoard the joy she found, and already the discovery of this power was mad all the sweeter by having someone to share it with.

She was just as surprised as he when the stars proved that they were fire as well as light and scorched the colt’s muzzle. The filly gasped, turning her eyes to see him pull back angrily; the grey pools widened, shocked that something she had created would cause pain. It was tantamount to a betrayal. In the quick jolt of fear and regret, she recoiled and her magic came with her, the stars zooming from their evenly spaced dome around her to cluster behind her, as far away from the colt as they could go. The movement of the stars shocked her too, and her gaze followed them to stare at the luminous cluster.

Murtagh’s voice brought her head around again and the accusation that laced the words had the beginnings of tears shimmering in her eyes. “I’m.. I’m so sorry! Are you alright?” She moved a few steps forward extending her head to try and see, but then thought he might not want her near and dithered on the spot, unsure what to do. She’d never hurt anyone before—not even Nizho when he had insisted on more rough and tumble games—and it horrified her. “Honest, I’ve never made them before tonight, I didn’t know they would hurt you! I am so sorry.” She bit her lip, not sure if he would believe her. As if they couldn’t be fueled when she was feeling shame, the little lights began to wink out, one by one.
Asavvi
Cause you get lighter the more it gets dark
I'm gonna give you my heart
credits

@Murtagh

Messages In This Thread
there's a firefly loose tonight - by Asavvi - 02-19-2016, 11:28 PM
RE: there's a firefly loose tonight - by Murtagh - 02-21-2016, 03:06 PM
RE: there's a firefly loose tonight - by Asavvi - 03-06-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: there's a firefly loose tonight - by Murtagh - 03-10-2016, 06:33 PM
RE: there's a firefly loose tonight - by Asavvi - 05-07-2016, 07:33 PM
RE: there's a firefly loose tonight - by Murtagh - 06-16-2016, 07:00 PM