the Rift

resting {ophelia}

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

bound to wander forever, but maybe not alone

Surprise and a genuine like welled up in the gray's chest as Ophelia's words bore somewhere deep down inside her. I would always help you. It was a gesture that Tor had never seen before, a special gesture of kindness and friendship beyond Tor's hope. Together, the two of them began to walk. It was a small enjoyment of the tobiano, to smell the bitter salt and to have someone who, Tor was beginning to believe, was becoming a very close friend. Alongside Ophelia's words, which Tor took to heart and kept them close, the white unicorn also trusted her. For a moment, Tor simply reveled in the feeling to be liked and wanted. Such a gift, although many did not know it, albeit simple, held deep meanings. Trust was a delicate structure, and although Tor gave her trust to anyone, Ophelia's gift meant much more because it was so rare. A small laugh left Tor's gray lips as Ophelia's bonded flapped his way to the unicorn's shoulder.

Yet, Tor could not be more surprised at Ophelia's revelation of the secret. No- that was the wrong words. Again, she was touched by Ophelia's trust, and immediately knew from the unicorn's slightly sheepish expression that this delicate matter should not be bandied about like anything. Never had Tor been asked to keep a secret, but without doubt, she would carry it to the grave unless Ophelia herself began to speak of it without care. It was a blessing and a curse, Ophelia held. One such thing was incredible, but to remain every pain and every woe, every memory of failure...

"You needn't worry, Ophelia. Such a memory is a blessing, and a curse, but you are needn't fear for me to judge. Neither would I tell anyone else. I have to say, your trust in me has touched me deeply." Tor fell silent, thinking of her own background. Ophelia was a hero's daughter- daughter of Paladin the warlord, sister to one who would, doubtless, become another hero. "Myself, I am cursed with short memory, if anything." Tor laughed, a rich sweet laugh layered with joy and kindness. "I was raised in a land north to here, where the snow fell thick all year. We had no tragic history. In fact, my background is rather plain. Simply put, my once-herd could not hold any more horses, and I could take my leave, so with fond goodbyes I left. I traveled many miles before reaching this land, and I apprenticed under an old shaman about healing. Unfortunately, she passed away a few years ago, and that is how I came." There was no pressing need. Tor just enjoyed Phi's welcome company.

"blah blah blah."
move move move
think think think

TOR

Messages In This Thread
resting {ophelia} - by Tor - 10-13-2012, 08:42 AM
RE: resting {ophelia, open} - by Ophelia - 10-14-2012, 12:06 AM
RE: resting {ophelia, open} - by Tor - 10-14-2012, 10:27 AM
RE: resting {ophelia, open} - by Ophelia - 10-20-2012, 02:58 PM
RE: resting {ophelia, open} - by Tor - 10-20-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: resting {ophelia, open} - by Ophelia - 10-22-2012, 11:23 PM
RE: resting {ophelia} - by Tor - 10-24-2012, 06:05 PM