the Rift

[OPEN] What's this? What's this? There's bodies everywhere

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

Hooves sank into the layers of snow with a mild crunch as frozen crystals were forced to grate against one another. He'd always found the sound somewhat satisfying, and the fresh tracks it left behind. He couldn't place why, but even as a child he'd gone out of his way to prance in fresh powder to cause it. Maybe it was proof of his mark on the world, of some measure of power, even if it was so insignificant. Surely he was arrogant enough to think that of compressed snow.

Another crunch came as he pawed into a drift, shoveling the white fluff behind him with a rapid motion - too slow and the wet would settle into his leg, numbing it. "Maybe Johnny can make fuzzy boots," he muttered to himself, never having been fond of this part of the northern living, the digging for food like some sort of squirrel. Having grown up with the ice and the snow he was accustomed to it and was rather partial to it, but with Frostfall upon them sometimes it was too much. He wasn't about to complain though, especially since no one else wore boots or seemed to mind, so he kept his whining just under his breath and chose to look at it as a good leg day training.

Chewing on frozen weeds as the morning progressed, Öde's hoof sank into something different. The snow wasn't deep yet, but it felt odd under his toe. He snorted faintly, a visible cloud of confusion that wafted away into the white world. Leaning in with his muzzle he brushed away the ice, revealing something black. He'd have thought it spoiled greens if not for the odd texture, and the scent that was faint, smothered by the cold and the frozen deterioration. It was hard, but soft. Curious, Öde continued to dig, but carefully, excavating his find like an archaeologist.

It was fur he realized, as he kept at it for no reasonable purpose other than boredom. Only when he finally got to the head, which sloped down in a muzzle full off teeth, did he recognize what he'd truly found.

"JOHNNY, JOHNNY!" Öde bellowed as he raced through the herd lands. His flanks heaved with his speed, his voice a raucous call of excited urgency. "JOHNNY, WHERE ARE YOU?!" Showing his age Öde careened around the tundra with a youthful vigor.
"I'VE FOUND A WOLF, C'MOOOON!"

EVERYTHING THAT KILLS- ME MAKES ME FEEL ALIVE

@Johnny
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Messages In This Thread
What's this? What's this? There's bodies everywhere - by Öde - 02-20-2016, 03:10 PM