the Rift

[OPEN] White Winter Hymnal

d'Arcy Posts: 21
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 2 years :: Tallsun HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Laine

The blanket that Frostfall had placed upon the Edge was growing ever thicker, snow descended in large clusters of flakes, heavy and white [so very white] and the little red girl was on the wrong side of the Edge. She might have called it a storm, for she’d never lived through truly angry weather and this was only snow, though it fell thickly and with signs of stopping. The trees stood tall and leafless, all but obscured by the haze of white that brought visibility down to a nadir.

d’Arcy stood, pinned in place by unease and uncertainty, and her head tuned slowly in alternating directions, trying to decide which way she ought to go. This was her home, she should have known exactly where she was but the silent shower of snow had come on suddenly and tuned her around. She could barely see more than fifteen feet in front of her in any direction, and it was all the same. Any landmarks, even her own tracks, were covered almost as soon as she blinked an eye and for possibly the first time in her life she was scared.

The snow wouldn’t harm her right away, but the cold might, if she got herself lost for too long; she was already trudging in ground-cover near up to her knees. d’Arcy however was far more concerned with that fact that she was lost The helplessness was humiliating, infuriating, that she didn’t know where she was or how to get where she wanted to be. She liked to know everything, liked to imagine she was so grown up and mature but now she felt like a stupid whiny child.

"."
d'arcy
wear your heart on your cheek
but never on your sleeve
unless you wanna taste defeat
when I tell you that i love you
don't test my love
accept my love, don't test my love
cause maybe i don't love you all that much

Messages In This Thread
White Winter Hymnal - by d'Arcy - 02-20-2016, 10:00 PM
RE: White Winter Hymnal - by Dacianna - 02-29-2016, 07:46 PM