the Rift

Deliver Us! [Open]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
Soft steps in the fallen leaves, labored breath in the dingy air. I moved slowly through the Threshold, laboring under the oppressive heat, my sides heaving as displeased breaths left my mouth. The darkness of the Threshold was not enough to keep out the warmth of the drought. Strange smells buffeted me today, foreign and oddly predatory; I lifted my head into the sky, seeking more knowledge from the stagnant breeze, but this was all it availed to me. The cracking of dried leaves permeated the otherwise overwhelming silence, twigs snapping under my hooves sending uncomfortable echoes through murky air. Nowhere was pleasant anymore. Nowhere was safe from the Sun's wrath.

I ventured forward, pursuing the hope of finding some solace from the heat. It alarmed me, how desperately the Sun God sought to punish us of the Earth, of the Moon – even the unaligned. The sun itself was part of the reason I ventured here. Newcomers, I thought, deserved a warning, a caution against the sun's wrath and the dried water sources, the murderous heat that pounded upon those denizens too foolish to leave Helovia's seductive grasp. I would not scare them off, per se, just warn them to be cautious here. Give them knowledge. Knowledge is power.

There, that smell, the dark smell of predator accompanied by something... something wrong. I frowned, dark brow furrowing in anxious confusion. It was alarming, but somehow, not threatening. I stepped forward, pale tassel slashing the putrid air, eyes seeking the source of the aroma. There – a stallion, horned, painted, with a large cat resting at his feet. At one time, I would have been alarmed by the tiger's presence, but time and exploration had opened my mind. No, what caused me to hesitate was the offness of this pair. Something in their smell, something I couldn't place....

I stepped forward, face calm though my mind still pondered. “Hello, stranger.” My voice was distant and distracted, the statement hung in warm air, and I frowned slightly. It must be this heat that left me so fuddled, so unable to place this aroma. The heat was getting to my head. It needed to be stopped.

Messages In This Thread
Deliver Us! [Open] - by Prometheus - 06-17-2012, 09:31 PM
RE: Deliver Us! [Open] - by Rishima - 06-18-2012, 11:13 PM
RE: Deliver Us! [Open] - by Mirage - 06-18-2012, 11:38 PM
RE: Deliver Us! [Open] - by Prometheus - 06-20-2012, 07:51 PM
RE: Deliver Us! [Open] - by Rishima - 06-22-2012, 01:43 PM
RE: Deliver Us! [Open] - by Mirage - 06-22-2012, 06:12 PM