the Rift

[OPEN] six shooter —

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
isopia.

HOW ARE YOUR POSTS SO GOOD FPFPFFFPPPFPFFFFT

The girl assumed that when the boy asked what happened to him he was inquiring about the manner of his death. For a moment Isopia could only look at him plainly, trying to decipher the motivation behind the question. Was it macabre? Mere curiosity? Something more naive? Or something more nefarious? After a handful of seconds she decided that it didn't matter. Isopia wasn't much bothered by the death of her half-brother, and speaking plainly about it didn't cause her any distress. Though apparently her minute attempt at avoiding this conversation had failed.

"There were murders a few seasons ago. Before you were born - before I was born, too." She began, studying the boy. If there was any indication that he had heard any of this before she would have skipped over parts, but as far as she could tell, he hadn't. Or at least the information didn't appear to strike him as old news, so she continued methodically along. "It was the Goddess of the Moon who was behind them. She was restoring Helovia to a balance that it had lost. To regain that balance required ... sacrifices." That was the word the Goddess had used, wasn't it? Sacrifices? Isopia had been young - very young - when she had met the Goddess, but even so, the conversation still sung sweetly in her mind. "Hototo as my half-brother was called, tried to defend the stallion that the Goddess possessed to complete the murders. She didn't do it yourself, you see. She used him. Gaucho I believe his name is. And Hototo, the altruistic creature that he was - " She had to stop herself from saying fool and letting her own personal judgements cloud the story telling. "- tried to stop her. He was of course killed."

As she finished, she moved on to his next question, finding it odd how similar it was to the conversation that she had recently had with Mesec. And she was glad for it. Anything to pull her thoughts away from the pervading coldness that came with any return to Volterra and his progeny.  "Balance, I am told. They are not infallible, the Gods. Some think so, but they aren't. Not really. And they are ... so much bigger than the rest of Helovia -" The way she said bigger seemed to indicate that she did not just mean in physical stature. They were grander, more vast - it pushed them farther away, displacing them in time almost because of their enormity. "- so we are here. Like touch-points I suppose, a way to calibrate."

Was that helpful? She doubted it. But then again, to say, because they aren't all they are cracked up to be, kid, seemed far too crass, even if it was closer to the truth.

"There are four," She recited academically. "The God of the Earth, who controls earth and water magic, Goddess of the Moon who controls dark and wind magic. The God of the Spark who controls shock and time magic, and the God of the Sun who controls fire and light magic. Each is also the patron of a herd - the Goddess watches over the Worlds Edge, the Earth God over the Hidden Falls, the Sun God over the Dragons Throat, and the God of the Spark over the Aurora Basin."

Her mind began to form a thought, something like, why haven't your parents taught you this? but that brought her back to thoughts of Volterra, and she mentally grimaced as she tried to let her mind flee. However the boy had seemingly caught onto these thoughts and forced the conversation right back into the emotional cold and dark.

Well, you would think you cared with the way you were struggling to even ask "You're just a boy. I wasn't sure if such questions were appropriate to ask. What if you burst into tears?" Isopia, queen of the half-truths responded. She almost said something like, and isn't that the way the world works? Mommys and Daddys stay together? but no ... she didn't think it was. Hers didn't. Kid's didn't. Her unborn child wouldn't have parents who were together. No, even that broad generalization seemed too far from the truth for Isopia to verbalize it, so instead she shrugged.

"I don't know. What else am I supposed to talk to a boy about? I tried to help you with your magic, but since you wouldn't let me.." Her massive shoulders slumped in a shrug, and she was pleased when his lips offered her another question.

"Yes. She came seeking membership. My rank affords me that power and so I let her in and directed her to those she needed to speak with. I've seen her only a handful of times since then."

Why had she said that? Suddenly she didn't know and her golden eyes peered deeply into the depths of Kid's bubblegum ones, scrutinizing him just as he did back to her.

Image Credits

@Kid

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
six shooter — - by Kid - 02-21-2016, 05:34 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Isopia - 02-21-2016, 05:41 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Kid - 02-21-2016, 09:22 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Isopia - 02-21-2016, 10:58 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Kid - 02-26-2016, 07:31 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Isopia - 02-27-2016, 06:31 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Kid - 02-27-2016, 07:42 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Isopia - 02-27-2016, 07:57 PM