the Rift

[OPEN] six shooter —

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
isopia.

Isopia shrugged with a genuine display of uncertainty. Something quite rare for the tribrid. If she could have known Kid's mind, she might have been shocked to feel such strong disapproval coming from him. He seemed so quick to anger that she would have assumed that he would gravitate naturally towards death and destruction, even if it was apparently haphazard. Especially with Volterra's blood coursing through his veins. But the boy's face was like a mask of marble - not disimilar to her own - and so she had no idea the repulsion that her words inspired in him.

"I don't know. Maybe it was preventative and eliminated some nefarious future that will now never come to pass ... or maybe it was to make up for something from before." Her wings splayed slightly from her flanks, an open display of that is all I know, before they folded tightly against her flanks once more.

Again that shrug. "I don't know. " It had never occurred to her to ask, it didn't seem to matter to her. "I think he was sad. Hototo was ... " A thoughtful pause. "..more like him than I am. I think he liked that."

She nodded easily enough to his third question, despite the fact that she wasn't entirely sure whether she believed it to be 100% accurate. The Gods hadn't exactly ... asked any of them to do anything, had they? They had been given companions and had been told to watch out, but other than that, they were merely glorified figure heads. Weren't they? It was like being put in an office with keys that opened every single door, draped in an obvious uniform, but having no idea what your job was supposed to be. Isopia's current business card would have just read, the mountain that knows. Though perhaps that was good enough.

"I suppose ...I'm the second of the second set. The Sun God's child erupted into flames, and so a new one was born." Her mind flickered with Aithniel, whom she had met during her Father's silly boat-project a few seasons back. "But the older two don't seem to have a better idea of how we are to meet those ends that I do."

Isopia's expression remained neutral as the boy's face appeared to contort with some semblance of frustration as his righteous (albeit squeaky) voice left his small muzzle. "How was I supposed to know that you wouldn't?" She countered, almost condescendingly, but meaning to only point out the obvious. As he continued, something like confusion blossomed on her face. It's no different than if you were talking to a girl- What? Why was he-

Oh.

Because she had said she didn't know what to talk to a boy about. In the absence of his name, she was merely trying to refer to him as a young child, but he had apparently taken some offence. Even if he had interpreted it that way, so what? His indignation didn't make sense to her, but then again, had Isopia never encountered Volterra she might have thought herself almost entirely anhedonic and asexual. That gendered language might be offensive had literally never occurred to her. "I didn't know your name. Boy was to indicate that you're young. It seemed less condescending than calling you a child." This was not the first time that Isopia had tried to actually be less offensive but ended up being more. "I grew quickly, because of having half God-blood in my veins. I wasn't young for very long. I don't know what's proper to talk about with you, boy or girl."

Isopia exhaled. "Storyteller-" Then she waved a wing, recognizing the lack of content that her title actually held. "I'm the one who communes with the God of our herd for information and whatnot. " Fitting, no? her eyes seemed to say, though with no small amount of self-deprication. "I also fight with our warriors." She added, as if to suggest that she wasn't completely useless.

Was she nice?

Isopia blinked. She hadn't expected that question - it didn't seem to be the sort of thing the boy would want to know, or would find interesting. Isopia looked up slightly, as if the answer was hidden in the trees behind Kid's ears. She chewed her lip for a moment, and then her gaze lowered. "I don't know. " She said simply. Isopia, who was rarely 'nice' wasn't actually that good at identifying it in others. It wasn't like Nymeria had given her gifts or anything. What did niceness entail? "We didn't ... fight?" Isopia said slowly after a moment more of consideration, wondering if that was a helpful clarification.

Image Credits

@Kid

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
six shooter — - by Kid - 02-21-2016, 05:34 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Isopia - 02-21-2016, 05:41 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Kid - 02-21-2016, 09:22 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Isopia - 02-21-2016, 10:58 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Kid - 02-26-2016, 07:31 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Isopia - 02-27-2016, 06:31 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Kid - 02-27-2016, 07:42 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Isopia - 02-27-2016, 07:57 PM