the Rift

[OPEN] six shooter —

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
isopia.

"Your fa- Volterra could tell you all about him."

Perhaps the most difficult thing she had done in her entire life was keeping her voice neutral even as the words tumbled out. She hadn't actually meant to say them - but as soon as the thought pulsed in her vast mind her lips were spewing the related sounds. It was all that she could do to force her tone to be even and without the bitter angry or irony that she felt in her veins. As it was, Volterra probably would even do a better job than she could, in this regard. "He's large. The biggest in all of Helovia I imagine. He makes me look normal-sized. He is .." The demigoddess paused, searching for the right string of adjectives to describe the earthen diety. Most of them she plucked from conversations with others, for she felt no real strong thoughts about him one way or another. Well, except that he had blurted her name out once, in front of an entire group, and she had felt the first stirrings of hate in her belly for that misstep. "..very kind. The Earth God is understanding and forgiving. He is probably the most level-headed of the Gods, though his fault is that he wants to see the best in everyone."

Is that the answer you were looking for? She wondered, staring into the depths of Kid's uncharted bubblegum stare.

Well... isn't it kind of pointless to have representatives here when they don't even know what they're doing? She shrugs. "I doubt trees know what they are doing when they grow large and domineering. And the gravity doesn't know what it's doing when it pushes the ocean around, but they're still needed."

Kid? His name was Kid?  Ironic that he took offense to boy.

"They call me The Mountain that Knows." She responded, for once having a name that she wasn't disinclined to give out. And in a way, it was just as good as her 'real' name. It was given to her, it was what she was called - how was that importantly different than any other name? Sure, it was longer than most, but the boy in front of her had an adjective for a name, so she didn't really think he was in a position to judge it. Though she is mildly surprised that he asked rather than demanding it. At the beginning of their conversation she would have judged him boisterous and pig-headed, though now that his inquisitive mind was beginning to show and he was demonstrating some restraint of the racism he seemed to harbour, she was actually finding him more or less pleasant. At least as pleasant as Isopia could find anyone.

Iso nodded complacently enough with his characterization of child-minded topics. She hadn't engaged with many children ... just Volterra (she swallowed hard) and Zero (this brought a soothing sigh from her lips), and both, at the time, had been pleasant but likely unusual.

"It is misleading," She agreed with something like a smirk. "I don't think it's a lie ... I think at one time it was a requirement of this position that it tell stories ... stories of history and legends and whatnot. I'll tell history if it's needed, but only real history. Not a fantastical version. " Another shrug.

"I've won some and lost some." She replied simply, unsure of how to characterize 'good' in this context. "But being large isn't all there is to winning." Isopia continued, as if assuming (correctly as it turned out) that he was thinking about her size in relationship to her win-streak.

Isopia pondered his final question, not sensing any of his frustration - not even the subtle grinding of his teeth. She was enjoying this, and, since he kept asking her questions, assumed that he was as well. It hadn't occurred to her that if perhaps her answers were more informative, he wouldn't have to keep posing new questions.

She began to say, Of course she was approachable. We had to approach each other in order to speak- But Hubris trilled with amusement in her mind as these thoughts began to form. He shook his head, indicating that she had got it wrong, but, since he was unable to articulate his thoughts, left it to her to puzzle out what it was.

"Yes?" Isopia replied, shooting a glance towards Hubris who nodded before inspecting his claws once again. "She was ... fine? She had questions about the herd ... She asked what a storyteller was as well. Nymeria said that she wanted a purpose and wondered if her brother - your fa-" (again, nearly that same mistake) "-Volterra lived in the Falls. He didn't - and doesn't "(she added quickly) and that was that. I told her where to go as she wanted to learn more about becoming a spy, and -" She shrugged with her massive wings again, That was that.

Image Credits

@Kid

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
six shooter — - by Kid - 02-21-2016, 05:34 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Isopia - 02-21-2016, 05:41 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Kid - 02-21-2016, 09:22 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Isopia - 02-21-2016, 10:58 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Kid - 02-26-2016, 07:31 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Isopia - 02-27-2016, 06:31 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Kid - 02-27-2016, 07:42 PM
RE: six shooter — - by Isopia - 02-27-2016, 07:57 PM