the Rift

:: Tiered Ranks? :: A Guided Discussion

Dressy Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 5'4 :: 20
Dressy
Do you want a sneak system? Yes

How would you want to keep track of it?

So I think that there should be something along the lines of keeping track of successful stealths. On that characters page it could have successful stealths, and that could have to do with a Buff type of system.

How do you think it should affect stealths?

Okay so from reading concerns that others have I have a great idea!! It has to do with dice and the riddle. So while I believe stealths are the most unrealistic thing on this whole site, they seem to work with the riddle system. I know it can be difficult for some people, but it does work pretty well. I am really not sure how else you could change the system to where it actually could work . So here is Dressy's grand plan. If the stealth is blocked then let it be blocked. I do not agree with a blocked stealth being rolled for to get passed no matter what. I believe this is unfair and it can cause a lot of unhappy people. So If the stealth passes the 48 hour time period, or the herd guesses are up and the item or character has not been protected then admin can do their thing, except only one will respond to give a total of points, but not say if they passed or failed. Then once Admin has responded a dice can be rolled for a number and lets say the stealth gets a total of 3 points from admin, and the dice rolls a 4 that would be 7 points total . The Buff would add a number as well depending how high it is or how low. Then all numbers are added together, so 3/3 from admin 4/6 from the dice and then lets say 3 from the Buff, that is a total of 10/9 (I added the Max amount of good clues needed to pass a stealth and the max you could get on a 6 sided dice for the bottom #) and if it is 8/9 or higher the stealth will pass. This way it gives a higher chance of passing if your character has a higher buff. I feel everyone should start with a buff number.... But i am unsure how that can be figured out... Maybe in herd it could be by rank, but i am unsure of outcast. I think this is a bit more fair because it is a number system and not really an opinion system.

I will say if people want more of a chance of winning a blocked stealth (although i am opposed to it I have an Idea) the stealth must score a 3/3 or higher from admin in order for there to be a roll. If there is a roll it must roll a 4 or higher so there is a 50/50 chance this will happen. Then with the characters Buff added in, the score must be a 10/9 or higher. This way it is difficult, but a sneak with a higher BUFF could have a higher chance of this happening. So the Buff would have to be 3 or higher if a 4 was rolled and they got 3/3 from admin.

I hope this made sense!!!

Other thoughts or concerns:

Messages In This Thread
RE: :: Tiered Ranks? :: A Guided Discussion - by Dressy - 03-31-2016, 09:56 PM