the Rift

[PRIVATE] Your pride and my pride [welcoming]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
tembovu
Carefully he watched her— watched the long breath release from her nostrils and the slow, halting rise of her eyes from his hooves to his own, worried gaze. He saw the fire, the anger, extinguish— and he found that he sorely missed it. While the lioness was contained, she was a contained inferno, prideful spirit smoldering beneath the decorous exterior.

But he saw it flicker and die, in those bright blue eyes. Lines creased his own, dark blue eyes— muzzle pursing softly as another great breath came from her. An ear splayed sideways as she spoke excuses for him, voice laced with exhaustion. Shame and guilt, the two-headed beast, rose in his throat and roared in his skull as he witnessed this; as he witnessed the mighty lioness lose her roar.

“I understand, my lioness,” his low voice cuts through her struggling words, “You do not need to explain.” His eyes rove over her face, his lips wanting to part and say more— but what, he did not know. And when she said that he was among the ones she could trust, his guilt nearly overwhelmed his mind. For, although what he told Tsavo was true: he had not told Kunja it was her who had been the partner of his tryst; he had alluded that it was a woman from a powerful family. A woman trusted on the council. And, of those, there were few. And, of the few, there was only one that was beautiful. While he had not intended for Kunja to discover Tsavo, at the moment of staring down Korofi spears, he had not hidden as well as he could have.

But, he held his guilt and shame (or it held him) by the throat, instead nodding as she spoke of blame, ”I wish they all had further to fall”. His navy eyes darkened, “As do I, Tsavo,” he paused for a moment, sighing, “But Helovia, being so different from Dorobo, has taught me many things. Perhaps, most importantly, is to move forward. You cannot change your past, but you can choose how it will shape your future.”

He glanced towards the preoccupied Mbwene, before gently urging, “Find a purpose, a job, in the Edge. It will help more than you know.”

@Tsavo I'm glad you didn't <3 We can fade it here, though, if you want? And start a new one?

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Your pride and my pride [welcoming] - by Tsavo - 02-22-2016, 05:30 PM
RE: Your pride and my pride [welcoming] - by Tembovu - 05-03-2016, 01:09 AM