the Rift

Eye On What I'm After [Teaching Spar - Alysanne]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

we heal with love

Alysanne could feel herself fracturing as she sees the blood that her hooves had brought forth, staining his dark pelt. There was a terrifying moment as she saw not blue but black - the coat of her son. It caused her to stumble as her hooves found the ground once more, her green eyes shutting in an attempt to block out the guilt that was rising within her throat like bile. The bamboo forest felt too close around her, even if they were in a small clearing, choking her as she fought away the terrible vision. When her green eyes flashed open again, reminding herself that closing them during a spar could be a fatal mistake, they swam with tears as her gaze passed over their surroundings. Focusing on anything but the blood. The thickness of the vegetation surrounding them made Alysanne feel as though she was cut off from everyone - as if it was just her and the young Erebos - and she did not like that sensation one bit. If something were to happen to him she would heal him without hesitation but if something happened to her, she could be left here and no one would ever find her. It might serve her right for getting involved in this spar in the first place…

“You not alone.” Hemlock chided her angrily, upset with the train of thought that Alysanne had been adopting. Sometimes she forgot about him, forgot about that extra piece of her soul that she had been given, and how she would never be alone because of him. “He not Arty.” He reaffirmed, willing her to stop comparing this dark youth with the one that was missing, the one she loved so much. "This is good. Be strong, Aly!" Hemlock shouted through their bond, his voice riddled with concern. He did not think this was a good idea but she did and he would help her through it all the same. It would either be really good for her or it would end in a disaster like the last time. She turned slowly, wings unfolding just slightly for balance, shaking herself from the daydream as Hemlock circled closely nearby, keeping an eye on both Alysanne and the young stallion she had engaged into this spar with while ignoring the little fox-creature for now.

In his attentiveness, it was the owl that noticed when Erebos moved - the blue unicorn was not waiting for Alysanne to talk herself back into their spar. Although Hemlock hooted an alarm, it was not enough to shake the dazed Alysanne entirely from herself and back into the present where her attention was sorely needed.

She screamed in pain as his horn pierced her skin across her left thigh, exposed now that her wings had been extended away from her sides. The sharp point went beyond scraping the surface as it dug into her flesh, tearing the muscles closest to the surface. Out of instinct, she moved forward to get away which only lengthened the gash, helping Erebos's horn to drag along her thigh as blood began to seep from the deep wound. As far as methods taken to remind her that this was not her son but a fight that she had consented in, she could have done without the blood and pain but it was effective. She came crashing into the present, gasping as she placed weight on the injured leg for the first time.

Before she could even react - her head only getting as far as to whip around and figure out where Erebos was, Hemlock moved in. He had been idle in their last spar, following Alysanne’s request to stay out of it, but he was not going to make the same mistake this time. Tembovu had not caused this damage to his bonded and the small owl was unwilling to wait for Alysanne to snap out of her conflicted mind. He dived towards the right side of Erebos’s face - his screech high and angry as his claws outstretched and reached to find purchase on the delicate flesh there. If he was lucky, he might even get an eye. The wordless shout from Alysanne that followed her realization of his actions was not filled with pain for herself - but for her companion, for what he was trying to do. It was too much. She wanted to protect them both - Hemlock from retaliation as he defended her and Erebos from the small but dangerous claws of her companion - but was unable to do anything in those few seconds it took for the owl to dive.

-----
Word Count: 773
Attack: 2/3
Previous Injuries: sore wing from previous spar, deep gash along left thigh
Notes: Alysanne takes a deep gash to her left thigh from Erebos’s horn, limiting her movement and ability to put weight on the limb without pain.
Before she can react, Hemlock dives towards Erebos’s face, reaching out with his claws in an attempt to scratch him

alysanne & hemlock

image credits

@Erebos .

Questions and Things:
Thank you so much for the notes! They're very helpful :D I definitely forget to talk about the environment (something I do in regular posts as well)

The only thing I'm confused about is in regards to attacks. I've been told to not be specific about where my character is in relation to the other because that could be considered powerplay so I thought that meant I should be a little vague and speak in general terms - letting the other player decide where and when the attack is landed. Like if she aims high on his right shoulder with an attack, isn't that powerplaying where he is in relation to her? When he could have moved? So I guess my question is how do you balance powerplaying with being specific enough for the other player to get an idea of your intentions? Tried to follow your example with this post so please let me know if this is better!
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eye On What I'm After [Teaching Spar - Alysanne] - by Alysanne - 04-11-2016, 09:50 PM