Sparrow
T
R
I
S
T
A
N
Grumpy was not a suitable word for how the young colt was particularly feeling.

Sullen. Somber. Indignant. Sorrowful.

His left eye ached terribly and persisted with a lingering itch, hindering him from any proper rest to be had throughout the night, or simple peace during the day. It would itch, he would scratch it, and then it would ache and water, followed soon after by the repeat of cycles, and quite honestly, Tristan was tired of it.

Would this happen every day for the rest of his life? Would he never be comfortable? What if he lost vision in his eye because it was dumb? Because it was stupid? Would others find him scary or different because of it?

Romani had called it... Called it... Entropi-somehing, not that knowing what was wrong with him would make it any better. At first, it hadn't bothered him, but now... The days were passing and Tristan couldn't find any reprieve from the agony of his defective eye. It was getting worse, growing more persistent, and relief didn't appear to be coming soon.

A soft breath of yearning escaped the young prince's nostrils, his forlorn turquoise gaze downcast into a pool of cold water. The sun had only recently peaked above the horizon, and thick frozen frost clung to the earth. His reflection was warped by ripples caused by the faint chilly, morning breeze, but it didn't matter; Tristan still didn't enjoy what he saw. His mother called him 'handsome', his father called him 'strong', but the sooty buckskin youth felt anything but either terms of endearments.

Freak.

Lifting a slender hoof, the young princeling slapped at the water, pawing at the liquid surface splayed out before him to distort his image even further so that he couldn't see the abomination looking back at him.

"Nasty, nasty, nasty!" He growled out, neck arching and head tossing about, front hooves pawing at the air and the ground in obvious agitation, turquoise eyes narrowed down at the pool of water. "Why can't you just look normal?! Why do you gotta be such a freak?!"

ooc: Open to anyone. :D

Image Credit
What is that quest that pulls me onward?
My heart is full when you are by my side.

*Please Tag Tristan in All Posts!*

Messages In This Thread
Little Boy Blue - by Tristan - 02-25-2016, 09:07 PM
RE: Little Boy Blue - by Merialeth - 02-29-2016, 11:18 PM