Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
Fight the darkness,
It lives inside your heart,
It's not your fault my dear son,
It is simply your past.

The confirmation that Megaera had been found and was on her hit Mesec with such relief - the first positive thing that he had felt in the last few days. Not purely positive, of course - it was irrevocably tainted with fear of the upcoming conversation - but for a brief moment he felt relief and that meant everything. Lucius called out unhappily to Gwaihir as they flew, a mournful cry. He too feared what was coming, feared what Mesec might do to ensure that he would never hurt someone again.

A cynical creature, Lucius now hosted the only hope between them - and it was resting with the brown pair he was leading.

He dived with Megaera toward Mesec, thankful for her speed and concern and feeding more of these positive emotions through his bond. He landed carefully in his usual spot upon Mesec’s wing, reaching out to offer a comforting nip but stopping as he saw the scratches he had already left. They were supposed to take care of each other and they had not been doing a very good job.

As she landed and moved forward, Mesec quickly scrambled backward - causing Lucius to squawk with the disruption. “Don’t come too close, please.” The normally smooth, warm voice as hoarse and cracked, tears swimming in his silver eyes as he looked away from her and her worry. He did not deserve it - and it would surely leave her soon, as soon as he told her.

But he had promised and she needed to know.

“Gaucho and Ampere… and their children.” His voice broke as he said it - shame washing over him fresh as he thought of the borrowed memories, of the blood he had woken up to find in his mouth and on his body. Gaucho’s blood. Lucius quickly nipped him, hard enough to draw a small line of blood, focusing him back on the present. They both had to stomach their own despair over this crude control technique, each scratch and scrape on Mesec’s body one that caused the zephyr pain as well. It was not just one set of silver eyes that focused on Megaera but two, equally broken hearted and begging her for help.

Mesec was quick to continue, realizing the implications of just saying those few words might leave.  “Th...they’re all okay but… I can’t go home, Megaera and... I don’t know... what to do.” Mesec wasn’t even brave enough to take his own life - he hadn’t even been able to leave Helovia properly - but he held such faith in his Sultana. She had to know what would be best. Whatever her reaction, he welcomed it - unable to think clearly through the thick fog of shame, despair, and fatigue that had overtaken his mind. Even focusing on her, as close as she was, took more concentration than it should have.  “It wasn't me but I can't have it happen again.”

Mesec
Image Credits
table by Frostie

@Megaera
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Everybody Learns from Disaster - by Mesec - 02-28-2016, 08:17 PM
RE: Everybody Learns from Disaster - by Megaera - 03-22-2016, 02:05 AM
RE: Everybody Learns from Disaster - by Mesec - 03-25-2016, 10:54 PM
RE: Everybody Learns from Disaster - by Megaera - 04-03-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: Everybody Learns from Disaster - by Mesec - 04-12-2016, 07:05 PM