the Rift

[PRIVATE] the good die young

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
Darwin watched the mutilated man before him, his river stone gaze entirely stuck on the creature as he seemed to clench his jaw. His ears flickered to the sound of the nicker from the yearling at his side, but still his gaze never leaves the ebony stallion. Antaa stood with a watchful gaze, her wings settled at her side but ready to spring out in an instant. The flames harmless to the ivory skin of Darwin, but still bright against the flickering wind and dimming light. Darwin’s posture was entirely on defense as he seemed to refrain from blinking – afraid he’d miss the slightest movement if he did so.

Even still, the man’s voice reached out to him. Darwin began to relax slightly, understanding that this creature didn’t seek to harm him. Not yet, at least. And so, the ivory Pegasus offered the man and boy a smile. “Oh. I’ve changed a bit, haven’t i?” He grinned then, laughing slightly – the sound of a gruff man with a history unknown to any but himself. However, his smile began to fade as the creature spoke of the Hidden Falls. “I’ve heard of the Hidden Falls. So that’s what they call it now? Archi and Knox haven’t left after all this time?” His smile was completely gone now, instead replaced with a bit of determination. His voice lingering on the word “Archi” in a bit of a sarcastic endearing tone. Remembering as Aeolus told him that the two brothers of his lived in the Falls. He shifted his weight then, glancing to Antaa who dug her talons into his ivory mane. She chirped to them in a slight greeting but nothing like she usually gave to strangers.

She knew something felt strange about this one. Darwin couldn’t place it. Instead, he offered the man a shrug. “I apologize for being so standoffish. I pretty much only remember two things from before I left Helovia.” He offered the man another shrug, deciding it better that he didn’t mention the fact he felt endangered. He figured he could just leave it as a simple “I left” and “I returned, so yeah” statement. “It’s been years since I’ve been back, but I remember these woods.” He tore his gaze away from the man, his ashy beard swinging with the motion as he glanced across the trees. However, his gaze trailed back to the two creatures, awaiting a response.

"Talk."
It’s like marrow without bone,
to live in a house
with no home.
image credits

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
the good die young - by Darwin - 02-29-2016, 10:42 PM
RE: the good die young - by Knox - 04-07-2016, 09:21 PM
RE: the good die young - by Milo - 04-07-2016, 09:50 PM
RE: the good die young - by Darwin - 04-07-2016, 10:07 PM
RE: the good die young - by Knox - 04-09-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: the good die young - by Darwin - 04-09-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: the good die young - by Knox - 04-13-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: the good die young - by Milo - 04-15-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: the good die young - by Darwin - 04-19-2016, 02:17 AM
RE: the good die young - by Knox - 04-22-2016, 12:19 PM