Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
Milo | Knox
And if you don't love me now,
you will never love me again
[ Knox is in his own form ]

All of it just causes him more pain. The longer he watches the deeper the hurt cuts, like a bitter knife forged by time and neglect. How many years had Knox spent away, hiding like a coward from everything? Aylin had been his only company, and know where was she? Gone.

He'd banked everything on her. On whatever he thought they had, maybe love or friendship or more than either of those things combined. Her had told her his secrets, shared every form and its ancient history. How many nights had he lain beside her, telling her of all the pasts in his mind?

She is gone now, but he is back. Back, alone, and forced to deal with his mistakes. Leaving Darwin, just a child... was that not one of his greatest?

Milo, standing just a few feet behind him and not too small to go unnoticed, remains forgotten.

"You have powerful friends. Archibald is the Czar of the Falls. He has ruled fairly and justly, for as long as I've been there," Knox says as coolly as he can manage, trying to contain himself. What is he to say of himself? Surely he cannot reveal himself, but how is he to maintain his usual distance when standing before the face of his grown brother? "Knox was only recently promoted to the position of the herd's sleuth, but I can't say I'd heard of him until recently. As I understand it, he was away for several years."

A knot the size of several dead frogs--a phenomenon Knox remembers swallowing in younger years--forms in his throat. It becomes difficult to speak. "No need to apologize, I understand."

He pauses, his heart beats uneven and quick. What is this feeling? He asks in vain. But there's no answer. Not a single consciousness is willing to explain what he should already know.

"These are good woods," Knox says aloud, remembering all the horrors that have happened here. It is where he was born, where others died--where his most shameful trophy rots, slowly and under the dirt.

Milo, too scared to reach out for affection or attention, remains forgotten.

""

running in the shadows
Full Image

[[I'll be posting Milo too, so hold your horse :P]]

Messages In This Thread
the good die young - by Darwin - 02-29-2016, 10:42 PM
RE: the good die young - by Knox - 04-07-2016, 09:21 PM
RE: the good die young - by Milo - 04-07-2016, 09:50 PM
RE: the good die young - by Darwin - 04-07-2016, 10:07 PM
RE: the good die young - by Knox - 04-09-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: the good die young - by Darwin - 04-09-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: the good die young - by Knox - 04-13-2016, 07:10 PM