the Rift

[PRIVATE] the good die young

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
A sharp snort escaped Darwin’s nostrils, taking Antaa completely off guard. Her wings spread out, red and orange in a flurry of shock. He flicked an ear at her, not paying much attention. He couldn’t get past the words that came from the unnamed man’s lips. “Friends… No. I guess I have powerful brothers.” He narrowed his eyes on the creature, shifting his lips into a slight frown. “Doubt they remember me. At least you did. Though I was trying to avoid Knox and Archibald, honestly. After what happened that made me leave.” He shrugged to the man, eyes trailing down to his shadow – the young gray child at his side with golden eyes. “Ah, seems like a fitting role for him.” A small smile grew on his lips as the conversation began to change.

So, what’s your name? That way I’ll know who remembered me?” A chuckle escaped his lips, his beard floating with the wind of such movements. Antaa had begun to grow annoyed with Darwin’s emotions as they battled within their bond. His distaste for his family and yet, a small amount of excitement and happiness from being recognized. However, his gaze stayed on the child as he pawed at the dirt. “And his name, what’s his?” Darwin questioned, Antaa following his gaze with curiosity, struck out her wings once more – this time to jump off of Darwin’s back and onto the earth below him. She never let her gaze leave the young one as she practiced what Elsa’s zephyr had taught her and hopped over to him. Her wings tucked into her sides, she pushed her head out to him, sharp beak gleaming the fading light. She wanted to know what to do about the boy as he pawed the earth. She was always curious, too curious at times.

Darwin shifted, his wings tightening across his back as he watched his companion try to greet the boy. Despite being a bit happy at the recognition, he couldn’t help but to wonder who this one was. He had to be protective, just not for himself anymore. He had to protect her and the foolish things she did every so often. He couldn’t trust her to not get into trouble yet, and Darwin only watched with his river stone eyes, a hint of worry gleaming behind the mask.

"Talk."
It’s like marrow without bone,
to live in a house
with no home.
image credits

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
the good die young - by Darwin - 02-29-2016, 10:42 PM
RE: the good die young - by Knox - 04-07-2016, 09:21 PM
RE: the good die young - by Milo - 04-07-2016, 09:50 PM
RE: the good die young - by Darwin - 04-07-2016, 10:07 PM
RE: the good die young - by Knox - 04-09-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: the good die young - by Darwin - 04-09-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: the good die young - by Knox - 04-13-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: the good die young - by Milo - 04-15-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: the good die young - by Darwin - 04-19-2016, 02:17 AM
RE: the good die young - by Knox - 04-22-2016, 12:19 PM