Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
Milo | Knox
And if you don't love me now,
you will never love me again
[ Knox is in his own form ]

It hurt. To be standing unknown in front of a brother you loved and to be told, in not so many words, that he did not feel the same, hurt. Archibald and Knox, the hunter before Darwin now, were not friends, just brothers. Brothers to be avoided, like old burdens shed. After what happened.

What did Darwin know about "what happened?" Had Darwin ever lived under Mandrake's oppressive reign? Look at him, with his flighted companion. No dog for the free boy. No bloodthirsty packmate to train him to hunt like a monster. And he thinks he knows what happened?

Sadness turns to rage in a shimmering second. Knox finds his teeth gnashed together, his spine stiff with conflict. How he wishes to step forward and snap at this child, his only little brother. You know not of what you speak.

But no, he cannot. He only watches, hollow, as Darwin asks questions he has no right to get an answer for. That zephyr hops from his shoulder and to the ground, moving towards Milo. Right. Milo. Once again, Knox has forgotten about his son.

Remembering himself, Knox feigns surprise. "Brothers? Then you must be... Mandrake's last son, aren't you? The lucky one who never knew her." He frowns then, feeling honestly in his heart all the ways that his mother hurt him. All the things Darwin would be free of...

"Look, I can't speak to your history with the pair, but I know now they're quite different than they used to be. Since they've been freed of their mother's tyranny they've both done nothing but good for this land and their herd, if it's of their manners with her that you speak," Knox says.

{Dovev:} Liar.
{Zekiah:} Liar.
{Zsoka:} Eyes on fire!

The hunter grunts and turns to look down at Milo absently, ignoring the taunting voices in his mind. "You might not realize it, but Mandrake was a great force of evil, her wickedness harmed many; that much is common knowledge. Who knows how many lives they saved by ending hers, and how many they've helped since as upstanding members of the Hidden Falls," he adds. Better to make himself sound good now, while Darwin was still listening.

As for the names... "If you don't mind, I'd rather not give out my name. I don't make a habit of it. But this..." He turns again to his son, lets his frown raise slightly. "This is Milo, Knox's son. I suppose that makes him your nephew."

A pause as he turns to look at the bird-creature on the ground before his son. Something flares in him--protectiveness? He wants to ask Darwin to call his companion back, but suddenly feels as if he doesn't have the authority. "Don't expect much from him, he's gone mute," Knox adds, his frown deepening again as he watches Milo step closer to the zephyr.

Broken, stupid son.

""

running in the shadows
Full Image

(Milo tag coming when I return)

Messages In This Thread
the good die young - by Darwin - 02-29-2016, 10:42 PM
RE: the good die young - by Knox - 04-07-2016, 09:21 PM
RE: the good die young - by Milo - 04-07-2016, 09:50 PM
RE: the good die young - by Darwin - 04-07-2016, 10:07 PM
RE: the good die young - by Knox - 04-09-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: the good die young - by Darwin - 04-09-2016, 11:33 PM