the Rift

[OPEN] Stranger Tides [welcoming]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

M E G A E R A
“We cast a shadow on something wherever we stand, and it is no good moving from place to place to save things; because the shadow always follows. Choose a place where you won't do harm - yes, choose a place where you won't do very much harm, and stand in it for all you are worth, facing the sunshine.” -- E.M. Forster

It felt like she could stand there and look at the island forever. How perfect it was, how magnificent; everything in the world that mattered to Meg was rooted there in that rise of sandy shore. Her home, her herd, Einarr and their children, all collected safe and sound on the wide island and standing here on the edge of the Heartlands to gaze at it was second only to being there. She didn’t get the chance too often, but she liked bringing newcomers. It would reminded her of when Gaucho had first brought her. Megaera always hoped that the castaways she took in would find the same sense of belonging and pride that she had discovered in her time there.

Meg looked to the antlered mare as she came up the slope to stand beside her; dark eyes searched Tuppence's face for the wonder and excitement was was not disappointed. She smiled and that fell easily into a laugh at the mare's mention of sharp teeth. It was not always like Meg to make friends so quickly but she already had a liking for her bit of saucy humor. But what did Meg fear? That question cast  a faint shadow over the Sultana’s face as she too looked back towards the Throat. There it was really, all her greatest fears that sprung fro her greatest joys. The downside of having so much was the threat that it could all be taken away and that was the ever present cloud on the horizon of Megaera’s sunny sky. She hesitated for a moment, the spoke with a sober sort of honesty. “I fear for my children…and for my herd. I fear that one day I could fail to protect them.” In the sand her hooves shifted, suddenly uncomfortable with the stillness.

“Well, come on then.” She said briskly, trying to brush away the previous moments and starting down the last dune toward the edge of the salty water. At the first cold splash, Meg paused to wait for Tuppence, looking back with a nonchalant grin. “The crafters will fashion you your own key so you may come and go as you please. Stand close and the bridge will lift both of us.” Within the folds of her feathers the little key hummed with the Sun’s magic, ready to cross when it’s bearer willed it.

"."
@Tuppence
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
Stranger Tides [welcoming] - by Megaera - 03-01-2016, 01:36 AM
RE: Stranger Tides [welcoming] - by Tuppence - 03-04-2016, 04:42 AM
RE: Stranger Tides [welcoming] - by Megaera - 03-30-2016, 11:08 PM