the Rift

[OPEN] the soul you used to be

Freyja Posts: 15
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Nine years
Valentine
f r e y j a
</style>

The crunch of snow beneath hooves alerted Freyja to the presence of another. She watched from the corner of her eye as a body came to a stop next to her, his indigo eyes fixing on her. She had not been expecting company. She turned her head to look at him - he was taller than her by a fair amount, enough that she had to tilt her head slightly upwards to make eye contact with him.

"Yes, I think I was slightly unprepared for this. I never have done well in the cold," she replied, shivering again. "Sometimes I miss my birthplace, it was warm year-round." She sighed, a few faint memories flicking through her head. She turned her gaze onto the horned King, and smiled. "You're right, I don't believe we have. It's a pleasure to meet you, sir. My name is Freyja. Myrrine brought me here not too long ago." She dipped her head, then looked over at the small creature that had accompanied him.

At first, she was a bit taken aback by it, her eyes lingering on its small, rotund form for a few moments too long. Mbwene, he had called it. "If you don't mind me asking... I don't want to be rude, but... what is that?" She meant no disrespect by the question, but she had never seen anything like it before. It was the same question she had asked Archibald in the Threshold, with his companion, a dog he had called it. It looked so similar to a wolf, she had been frightened at first, but this thing, well, it looked fairly harmless, if not a little odd.

My king! a nearby voice rang out, causing Freyja to jump slightly. Yet another visitor? She turned in the direction from which the voice had come, and couldn't help but laugh as she saw who was coming towards them. He looked rather odd, and his appearance, combined with his apparent quirky attitude and the cheerfulness in his voice earned a hearty chuckle from the bay mare. "Hello, Tilney. I'm Freyja. Nice to meet you. You said you were going to examine them? For what?" To make sure they were safe to eat, perhaps? She could think of no other reason why they would need inspecting, and admittedly, her curiosity was piqued.
image credit

@Tembovu
Please tag me in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
the soul you used to be - by Freyja - 03-01-2016, 08:17 PM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Tembovu - 03-02-2016, 12:00 PM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Tilney - 03-03-2016, 12:45 AM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Freyja - 03-04-2016, 01:08 PM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Tembovu - 03-07-2016, 08:24 AM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Tilney - 03-08-2016, 12:31 AM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Freyja - 03-09-2016, 10:14 PM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Tembovu - 03-12-2016, 01:01 PM