the Rift

[OPEN] the soul you used to be

Freyja Posts: 15
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Nine years
Valentine
Freyja was rather amused by this creature, the way it became startled by the sudden presence of another, running to Tembovu as it sought safety, its portly body just small enough to fit under him. She exchanged her greetings with Tilney, finding his happy-go-lucky demeanor very refreshing. Her gaze was fixed on the creature as it emerged from beneath the massive stallion, its odd little snout stretched forward as if in greeting. Somewhere in her mind, as she looked at the odd duo, she registered the fact that Tilney was speaking to her, answering her previous question about the plants. It took her several moments to process what he had said, turning her head to look at him with a confused expression.

Healing? How could one possibly heal a wound with plants? Her mind tumbled, tossing this new information about over and over again. She eyed the pretty blue flowers of the plants decorating Tilney's back, feeling thoroughly bewildered. Strange creatures, healing plants, this was all so new and so overwhelming. Shaking her head, the bay mare looked between Tilney and Tembovu, not quite sure of what to say. She was still trying to adjust to life here, and didn't want to risk saying something and making a fool of herself. When had it become so hard to fit in? she wondered, suddenly feeling small and out of place.

"Well, I, um... I'm not quite sure. I didn't know plants could be used to heal. Back home - my old home - we just cleaned wounds out and hoped for the best...." This is not home, she berated herself internally, I must stop comparing them. It's time to move on. Her throat suddenly felt tight and dry. "Perhaps -" she swallowed thickly, trying to maintain her composure, "- perhaps you could teach me a little. I'm a very quick learner, and I'm sure I could be of help." She addressed Tilney. She was becoming tired of doing nothing, feeling like she was not contributing properly to the herd, as she should be. She needed purpose, and perhaps Tilney had just given it to her.

Turning her azure gaze to the King, Freyja tilted her head slightly. "I've never heard of elephants before, but they look interesting. She is very... cute. Will she get bigger?" She smiled kindly down at the stout little creature. "I've seen others... with creatures of their own, and I wonder how they come across them. Do you just happen upon them one day, or do they accompany you from beyond the border?" It never really occurred to her that one might be required to seek out the companionship of these animals. "I'm sorry if these are stupid questions, I just... Helovia is so different from every other place I've been. It's new and confusing and -" she abruptly stopped herself, shaking her head a little. "I just feel strange here."
/ image

@Tembovu
Please tag me in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
the soul you used to be - by Freyja - 03-01-2016, 08:17 PM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Tembovu - 03-02-2016, 12:00 PM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Tilney - 03-03-2016, 12:45 AM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Freyja - 03-04-2016, 01:08 PM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Tembovu - 03-07-2016, 08:24 AM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Tilney - 03-08-2016, 12:31 AM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Freyja - 03-09-2016, 10:14 PM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Tembovu - 03-12-2016, 01:01 PM