the Rift

[OPEN] the soul you used to be

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the elephant king
Mbwene’s eyes widen as the plant-laden antlers are suddenly lowering, the man’s suddenly at her level. She chuffs softly, ears waving in both excitement and happiness— now she can fully inspect these grassy prongs on his head! Infant trunk reaches out and up, pushing beneath the flora to the smooth antlers. Though she withdrew her trunk as she the bronze stallion spoke once again, tossing aside some of the bundles of plants to the ground.

Tembovu smiled as Tilney answered Freyja’s questions— jovially surprised that the lanterned man had so fully embraced his task as nurse. A lopsided grin crossed his muzzle, brows raising as he named a flower after himself. The King lowered his head to inspect the flower in question— though rose his head as the Nurse alluded to the potentially poisonous properties of its roots. A glance was given to Freyja, deep voice rolling before she spoke, “I am flattered you named such a flower after me, Tilney. But my old friend Kiuaji has joined the Edge, and he was a master poisoner in my old home of Dorobo. He might be able to help you ascertain the safety of the Tembovu-flower roots— I’d rather not see you endanger yourself.” His grin grew to a smile as he spoke. Mbwene distractedly inspected the flora heap tossed to the ground, peeping quietly as Tilney suddenly tucked a flower behind her great ear. Her trunk raised to stroke Tilney’s muzzle in appreciation.

Navy eyes shifted to the roaned, bay mare as she answered Tilney’s question. His head cocked ever so slightly as she swallowed and paused— was it saddens lurking beneath her thin composure? Many newcomers to Helovia had reasons (most often sad) for leaving whatever land they left. But the Elephant King did not pry, instead only nodding as she mentioned being a quick learner. He was glad to have those in his herd put their energies towards a task.

But then her bright gaze was fixed on his, before offering kind words and questions about Mbwene— who, at being the focus of Freyja’s attention, ambled over to properly greet the mare. Trunk upraised and held out, she waited for the woman to lower her muzzle to her. One ear was waving in greeting, but the other held flush with her head to keep her flower in place. “She will get somewhat bigger, but will not grow to the massive size of her cousins— those make even myself look small,” he grinned and winked, “And I happened upon Mbwene’s hatching egg while wandering the wilds. I cannot speak to others finding their companions,” the smallest of shadows crosses his eyes as he recalls the darkness that surrounded Mbwene’s hatching, “But there is no need to apologize— I, too, had many questions when I came to Helovia. The strangeness will pass, having a job will help it pass quickly.”
tembovu
image | table

@Tilney

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
the soul you used to be - by Freyja - 03-01-2016, 08:17 PM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Tembovu - 03-02-2016, 12:00 PM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Tilney - 03-03-2016, 12:45 AM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Freyja - 03-04-2016, 01:08 PM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Tembovu - 03-07-2016, 08:24 AM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Tilney - 03-08-2016, 12:31 AM
RE: the soul you used to be - by Freyja - 03-09-2016, 10:14 PM