[OPEN] the waves of the sea

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
Syrena
let the water take me
Stop being yourself, Syrena.

This is hardly the way to start over, scaring off the poor thing. But of course, it is hard to be something new, something other than herself. But she’s not even that anymore. She’s so far gone from the siren she was born as, from one of the monsters of the sea (not that she’s ever believed herself to be a monster, though the rest of the world would probably call her one). Still, she knows, it is time to move on. It is time to stop living in the past. Sisters, give me the strength.

She turns to face him fully now, stepping out of the cold waves. It rips a piece of her heart out every time she leaves the sea behind her, but she tries not to dwell on it. Instead, she remembers her days of charming men to their death, and calls on that ability now. Not that she can kill a stallion anymore – those powers are long gone – but rather, she does know how to be pleasant company. It’s time to be that mare, without the part where she eats their souls.

That sounds boring. Stop that, Syrena.

She laughs slightly, and though it comes out rough and unused, there’s something pleasant in the sound as well, like waves crashing on the shore. She’s no bell with a tinkling laugh, but she knows how to be something other than a monster as well. “No, I mean to say that you might not want that. Be careful what you wish for.” She tries not to deadpan, though only slightly succeeds.

“Shall we walk?” she offers, trying to be more reassuring than before, though perhaps her slight personality change is just more unsettling. She doesn’t know, but she came here to start over, to stop living in the past. She simply needed to actually do that. Why is it so damn hard?

“Sirens are creatures of legends now, I suppose. Their stories are the ones parents tell children at bedtime to keep them from wandering too far. Beautiful creatures that live near water and have the power to enchant men, and then consume their souls in order to live an immortal, or near immortal life.” She tries to keep any hint of sorrow from her voice, instead keeping it as a story as best she can. In some ways, it feels almost like herself to lure a stallion again, to make him trust her. Only this time, her only aim was simply to move on with her own, terribly mortal, life. He was perfectly safe.

“But enough of legends. Tell me about yourself Lotherarius. What brings you to the beach on such a cold day?”

"words"

ooc: no worries! work has been crazy for me, so i know the feeling

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Lotherarius

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
the waves of the sea - by Syrena - 03-02-2016, 10:13 AM
RE: the waves of the sea - by Lotherarius - 03-08-2016, 05:07 PM
RE: the waves of the sea - by Syrena - 03-14-2016, 08:34 AM