the Rift

[OPEN] [Joining] Take Me, Teach Me

Keidajen Posts: 17
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14 hh :: 4 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
Keidajen

"Come. I'll bring you home. You can tell me more best you can if you wish on the way. You will be able to learn more there too, if learning is what you wish to do." To learn is all that I desire. Acceptance is a cold cruel beast that lives within my breast that is laden with a sorrowful heart. I will not return to those whom I love so deeply so I must return to myself. I do ill deeds to those back in Elivian if I do not honor myself for who I am, who I was, and who they would wish for me to be. "Yes." I feel my words come more easily as I allow the shadow land to fall behind my own shadow. "Learn. That is my want."

My breath catches in my throat as the dark woman touches me. So long it has been since I was last brushed against by another. "Diolch tibi." Thank you, stranger. I follow her lead to the land she calls home and to the land that I too will claim to be a body of.

The scenery around us begins to be that of more sparse vegetation and the ground begins to pile upon itself; lifting itself to boastful heights to create proud mountains. I am unaccustomed to walking on hooves across such rocky terrain and I can feel the bruising of my soles. The risen sun beats down with merciless vigor and my eye wells up from the pain. Color is so overwhelming and the sunlight is too glaring; my lighter colored eye clamps shut while the one of dark shades guides me.

Through that eye all color fades and I see colors no more. The hues that paint this realm were mere fables when spoken of in Elivian. I had once spent afternoons spinning tales of the different colors that I remembered from being born here. But while in that realm without color, I too had grown to be ignorant of just how grand the colors here are. With an eye clamped shut and an unsteady limp I follow the dark form in front of me. Together we venture past the mountains and through their sloping valleys.

I am awed at the sight of the mechanical being that guards the entrance to the Aurora Basin. I look to the woman who led me here with a raised brow. How do those without hands craft such things? I shake my head; there is apparently much for me to learn. I stand next to the mare who brought me in wait for my joining to be formally accepted. During my wait I am self conscious and I am cross with myself for being unable to speak as I think. What reason would they see to accept me?

@Sialia I am so sorry about the wait! For some reason I just saw that you had replied to Keidajen's Threshold.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Yew

Messages In This Thread
[Joining] Take Me, Teach Me - by Keidajen - 03-02-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: [Joining] Take Me, Teach Me - by Sialia - 03-15-2016, 07:52 PM
RE: [Joining] Take Me, Teach Me - by Deimos - 03-27-2016, 08:45 AM