the Rift

in the very back of your mind

Himalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Himalia hadn’t really traveled too far. Helovia was always visible within the cascades of her mountainous home, it’s odd, magic-stripping borders occasionally glinting in the night, catching her eye now and again. It made sense to have this defense system in place, but in her mind it rendered weird, as her beings had more physical methods of dealing with any wayward magic wielders. Regardless, she’d always (in the very back of her mind) held onto the idea of Helovia as a safe-haven. Where she’d lived, nothing had ever - not once - gone awry, and thus she’d always found this tiny thought quite weird and out of place in her mind, often feeling guilty for even thinking of another haven as a ‘safe-haven.’ Looking at the way things played out, it’s almost as if the earth itself planted that seed in her brain to subtly warn her of what was to come.

It was morning now, and she stood feet away from the invisible borders, intrigued by the faint buzzing sound they emitted. Impressive, she thought, but a mechanism she found to be quite telling of the realm itself. If this is what someone was capable of applying to the entire border of their realm, what other interesting (or terrifying) oddities lay within? 

Her delicate face extended to brush the air beyond the border, the slight whirring vibration tickling her nose and almost bringing her to a sneeze. Her ears flicked, then her tail, before she took the few steps to pass into Helovia. “Well,” she said aloud to herself, “that experience was truly wasted on me…” Before quickly thinking how completely devastated some who enter must be (to be stripped of something as sacred as magic!), and then regretting her words altogether. 

Thanks for the quick-fix, Neo! I re-did the html, it wasn't displaying here correctly and was making me le sads.

Messages In This Thread
in the very back of your mind - by Himalia - 03-03-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: in the very back of your mind - by Tilney - 03-03-2016, 11:59 PM
RE: in the very back of your mind - by Himalia - 03-04-2016, 09:35 AM
RE: in the very back of your mind - by Tilney - 03-04-2016, 10:26 AM
RE: in the very back of your mind - by Himalia - 03-05-2016, 06:34 PM