the Rift

in the very back of your mind

Himalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A throaty laugh escaped her chest, the smile on her face wrinkling the corners of her acorn-hued eyes. “Thank you! And, well, while I’d love to turn this horn of mine into an icicle, a girl of the mountains never catches the same chill as others,” she replied wryly, falling into step as he began to clear a path for her. 

Himalia thoroughly enjoyed his company, and the return burst of kindness from her was rather out of turn these days, though not something she was a stranger to. Perhaps it was the how he came beaming toward her from the forest with that broad smile slapped on his face, or when he threw his own cloak over her and refused to continue on without making sure she was coddled and comforted to perfection. There was something very genuine about his type of way, something that was rare and hard to pinpoint, something that made her purposely leave her walls down. He was completely normal, and it was refreshing.

Quietly did she follow behind him, small in comparison to both he and the ice around them, though not meek about it at all. Where she’d grown up, everyone was about the same size, and thus she’d never felt delicate or dainty about her stature (especially given her childhood, which consisted largely of defense training... but that’s a story for another time).

“How interesting,” she said softly, genuinely impressed by his physician’s brain and his hunger to expand it even further, “I’ve never been one for healing, I’ve always had this weird worry that I’d feel terrible for life if I pulled the wrong move and made the suffering worse. That, and I'm not good with injuries and such... Lots of fainting from my end, to put it bluntly,” she laughed.

“So, this home of yours, Tilney,” she continued, her voice fading as she paused briefly to scratch at her chest with that backward-horn of hers and adjust the cloak once more, “I’ve heard nothing treats a deep-rooted shiver quite like a good hike…” she said with a smirk.

Okay cool! I'm gonna try again and see if it works. Also, feel free to continue this here or over at World's Edge, she's super down for that island life.

@Tilney  

^ well, an attempt was made, and the tag-saga continues...lol

Messages In This Thread
in the very back of your mind - by Himalia - 03-03-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: in the very back of your mind - by Tilney - 03-03-2016, 11:59 PM
RE: in the very back of your mind - by Himalia - 03-04-2016, 09:35 AM
RE: in the very back of your mind - by Tilney - 03-04-2016, 10:26 AM
RE: in the very back of your mind - by Himalia - 03-05-2016, 06:34 PM