the Rift

[PRIVATE] he was shot six times by a man on the run

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
tembovu
“Did you even take a bath after it?” A frown creased his black and ivory brow, navy eyes following Mauja’s icy stare to his swollen knees. New skin covered his left, but his right… “Since you got dirt in your knees, I mean.” He flexed his right leg slightly, feeling tight skin resist the bend and the small pierce of pain from the inflamed joint. Slowly, he shook his head in answer to Mauja’s— somewhat intimate— question. “My knees have been dirtier than this,” was his simple, if ominous (and perhaps metaphorical) answer. He paused, a heavy pause pregnant with the many meanings of his answer, before continuing, “Though my legs were rinsed in water when I saved my companion’s egg from drowning.” But that was by chance. He had not been of the right mind to wash his knees, or his body.

He still wasn’t in the right mind, now. Even as Mauja filled their silence with words— words of acquittal, words that released him of responsibility of his crime. A long and low breath blew out of his nostrils, mimicking the very cloud that Mauja had just sent out his own nose. He watched the profile of the Frozen Light— truly Frozen, now, in his immortality— who stared out over the inky waves. How easily he forgave; how easily he swept aside his transgressions, as if the were inconsequential. As if they weren’t life altering.

Maybe they weren’t.

The thought rocked the Elephant, as he swayed once on his solid ivory hooves. “Don’t beat yourself up about it.” Too late. He already has— he still was. His regret had driven him into Elsa’s embrace, into a darkness so absolute that another had to draw him out. And now this spotted man could stand here and tell him that “shit happens”?

A hum of disbelief rumbled from his thick, black throat. But what was he to do, argue with the man? Tell him he wasn’t worth the forgiveness? No. Instead, in his lingering silence, he shifted closer to speckled stud (did his skin feel different, healed by a Goddess and imbued with immortality?). Tentatively, almost mistrusting himself and awaiting Mauja’s reaction, he leaned his massive shoulder against the glowing white skin, “You are a mystery of a man, Mauja,” his deep voice quietly rolled, “But I thank you, my friend.” The timbre of sincerity vibrated from his barrel.

His eyes turned from the stallion, tracking the nocturnal gull in his evening pursuits— some semblance of peace finally settling in his soul.
the elephant king

I'm officially the worst for not realizing this thread needed a reply/letting it die. I just needed some closure for this ;-;

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
RE: he was shot six times by a man on the run - by Tembovu - 04-07-2016, 08:20 PM