the Rift

Winter Fun [Scree]

Scree Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Scree
"can't read my, can't read my no he can't read my poker face"

Snow. It was always snow, the mare thought bitterly to herself as she trudged through the threshold. Though she had been on her own for years, she found herself wishing she had some sort of company, perhaps even just a mere companion to relieve the boredom, not to mention help her find some place free of the blasted snow. She snorted with annoyance as she walked along, listening to the crunch of her own hooves and the whickers and neighs of horses far off. She didn't approach them, for some reason she wanted to be approached by someone else. It gave her time to adapt to the necessary persona to best exploit them.

But what was this? Heavy panting had reached her ears, a sound that was distinctly not equine, accompanied by one that was, the sound of hooves, much like hers, walking through the snow. Her brow furrowed as a most strange sight intruded on her thoughts. A horse, accompanied by a...what was the name that her mother had told her so long ago...a wolf perhaps? No, no...wolves were bigger. A relative then. She dismissed her thought process. It was the stallion she was concerned with at the moment.

Watching him as she was enabled her to observe the stallion's looks without being caught. Down his face were scars, blackened and aged, perhaps even healed over? He had been good looking, she imagined, at one point. But the scars somewhat ruined his looks. She shrugged. She wasn't a silly young filly anymore determined to find love. His looks were of no consequence. His rank and his name, as well as whether he was a ruler or some other equine of power and ambition were. Unfamiliar with the scents of the tribe, she could not detect whether or not he belonged to one, however she assumed so as the scents of many horses blended together on his coat and met her nostrils.

"Sir," she called out, her voice carrying hopefully to the stallion, "I am quite lost and new to these lands." Her tone took on an appropriately helpless tone as she walked toward him, analyzing him with every step of the way. She would not be able to fight him, should he be aggressive, but perhaps she could out run him."Could you perhaps show me the way to some place where I can shelter?"

Messages In This Thread
Winter Fun [Scree] - by Ricochet - 10-14-2012, 01:09 AM
RE: Winter Fun [Scree] - by Scree - 10-14-2012, 07:22 AM
RE: Winter Fun [Scree] - by Ricochet - 10-18-2012, 11:01 PM
RE: Winter Fun [Scree] - by Scree - 10-19-2012, 08:39 PM
RE: Winter Fun [Scree] - by Ricochet - 10-24-2012, 11:04 PM
RE: Winter Fun [Scree] - by Scree - 10-25-2012, 10:44 AM