the Rift

[OPEN] Have You Forgotten

Själ Posts: 112
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 hh :: 4 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ansgar :: Plain Griffin :: Draining Clutch ChaoticMelodies
Själ
It occurred to the princess that she had revealed a great deal of herself during this impromptu meeting. Her insecurities had been revealed to this colt, a prince from the North who she barely knew, save that he hailed from the land that should have been hers. He had been kind to her more than once; but in the past, she had always endeavored to keep her thoughts to herself, to reveal only so much in fear of her problems being used against her. It was odd, though not entirely unpleasant, to offer up so much of herself and be given acceptance in return.

So why didn't she belong in the depths of Helovia, to follow in her mother's hoofprints of chaos and devastation? Why wasn't she prepared to settle for something that she knew she desperately wanted? Her thoughts twisted and turned under the weight of his scrutiny, and she squirmed internally at the implications of his queries. The truth was, she didn't really know what she was looking for, no more than she knew what she was running from. She wanted something more than what she had, but hadn't the slightest clue what that more might be. It would appear that, in some ways, she was more like the boy than she realized, always hunting for something bigger and better and hers.

"I don't know," she admitted quietly, her gaze shifting to the dark shadows of the forest surrounding them. "I came to Helovia seeking answers. I wanted to know who my mother was, beyond the tales that she told me. I wanted to see where I came from. I wanted to claim my birthright." The princess paused, sighed, shook her head. "But what is there for me to claim that hasn't moved on without her and her alleged heiress? I don't even know what she ruled over!" Anger and frustration burst forth unannounced, surprising even the girl with their ferocity. "She raised ma as a princess, but she didn't even tell me why." Tears threatened, years of unanswered questions breaking open all of the girl's old wounds, yielding bitter words. "And now... she's gone. So I guess I'll never know."

"Talk."
--Ansgar.--
Själ

@Erebos Oh dear that got intense O.O

Pixel by Reli <3

Please tag Själ in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Själ?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Have You Forgotten - by Själ - 03-06-2016, 08:53 PM
RE: Have You Forgotten - by Erebos - 03-13-2016, 06:31 PM
RE: Have You Forgotten - by Själ - 03-20-2016, 06:44 PM
RE: Have You Forgotten - by Erebos - 03-27-2016, 09:45 AM
RE: Have You Forgotten - by Själ - 03-29-2016, 09:45 PM
RE: Have You Forgotten - by Erebos - 04-03-2016, 07:04 AM
RE: Have You Forgotten - by Själ - 04-23-2016, 08:01 PM
RE: Have You Forgotten - by Erebos - 05-01-2016, 09:17 AM
RE: Have You Forgotten - by Själ - 05-04-2016, 10:56 PM
RE: Have You Forgotten - by Erebos - 05-14-2016, 05:18 PM
RE: Have You Forgotten - by Själ - 05-14-2016, 08:28 PM