the Rift

[PRIVATE] cataclysmic bones —

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
KID
I watched her closely, her status of the distant aunt not saving her from my hungry mind, itching to observe. Her eyes asses my face (face stealer), taking it all in as though just by looking she might be able to get her marking back. I almost want to grin at the fact that no longer is she an individual, that instead of I it is we. I assess her own appearance while she looked over mine, over the shadow dipped grullo figure she wore over a thickly built stature. She was nothing short of graceful, crafted with a brutish elegance I'd never before seen in anyone but her. She wore her cunning mind set like an accessory, tainting the air with it. I felt it, sinking under my skin and driving into my bones with eager force. It was vaguely familiar, similar in the way I'd felt the last time I'd encountered her. The same intelligent patience, waiting for an opening to slither into to bring forth absolute destruction. 

We were silence, all eyes and consumption, taking in our shared appearances in quiet distaste. I felt compelled to giggle, to poke fun at her because she was going to be overthrown by this new generation, the generation I belonged to, the generation that would topple this world's peace and balance without hesitance. I wanted to parade about her hooves, to summon forth Sabre to join in our celebration of victory. We'd won the moment we were created, the moment the higher power granted us with the gift of existence. 

Nymeria and I, we are far more similar than I would have liked, her varying shades and mine— we are monochrome royalty. Even our eyes reflected a similar callous darkness, hers far more deeper than mine, reflecting far worse than I had come to face. I was still young, still untouched by terrible realities unlike she— who had lived far longer than I had. She had braved worse trials, wept more tears and brought more terror than I, and I hated it. 

Her head cocks to the side— confusion. Her ears swivel, fixated on me as I told her I was simply running. I felt defensive, paralyzed under the eyes of a calculating raven. I did not want her attention— even if it is all I crave— I do not want it now. Certainly not from her, who looks at me in such a way that I feel like my skin is flaking away, my secrets (or what little I have) are bubbling to the surface and whispering to her things I would not admit myself. I curse those eyes, those eyes that burrow beneath my flesh and make my skin crawl. 

I watch with unwavering attention as she cocks one hip, letting a hoof hover over the ground while her neck goes slack— she appears at ease. Her face is almost the same height as mine, my eyes assessing her features, paying close attention to every twitch of every muscle, every hair shifting out of place. Her mouth opens, and I shift my ears forward to catch the word she speaks. There's but the smallest pause between her words, a hesitance so brief I could have let it pass. I look into her eyes, a soft, grateful smile the only form of acknowledgement given to her. 

She hesitated again, longer this time. I reviewed the mirrored features, watching with intrigue as she blinked and continued. I wanted to believe her, wanted to accept that running away was no sign of weakness. But as I tried, Mother's voice whispered from the back of my mind, you're a coward, you'll amount to nothing by running from your problems. I didn't respond to Nymeria, not with any words. My head bobbed as I heard her speak, but that was all I gave to show I'd heard. 

I look her over once more, settling my gaze to match hers before I let my request fly. "Will you tell me about Volterra?" It was a bold request— given that if Mother caught wind of it she would have my head— but I needed to hear more about the man shrouded in just as much (if not more) mystery than Nymeria. I sought to know his faults, his weaknesses, I wished to know him from the inside-out. I would be far more than he ever has, than he ever will be. I may never once meet him—  but I will become far greater than he. I will strive to conquer all the kingdoms he has overlooked, perfect my techniques in ways he has never dreamed, and I will pillage all he has built up. Where he is powerful and strong, I will be twice as such. Where he is foolish and arrogant, I will never be. 

[Image: 2dub87c.jpg]

@Nymeria

made by reli

tag me in everything

Messages In This Thread
cataclysmic bones — - by Kid - 03-07-2016, 08:55 PM
RE: cataclysmic bones — - by Nymeria - 03-07-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: cataclysmic bones — - by Kid - 03-08-2016, 12:38 AM
RE: cataclysmic bones — - by Nymeria - 03-09-2016, 03:15 PM
RE: cataclysmic bones — - by Kid - 03-12-2016, 06:13 PM
RE: cataclysmic bones — - by Nymeria - 03-14-2016, 10:49 AM
RE: cataclysmic bones — - by Kid - 03-16-2016, 05:22 PM