[PRIVATE] i'm searching for something i can't reach

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
KAJ
the

aurelight

When the skull-faced spawn of his once-enemy had approached him, the Czar had not been surprised. Whoever had allowed her entrance to the Falls was irrelevant, as he found no threat in her. He found threat in nothing, not even the looming sobriety of death. There was nothing left to rip from his possession, and in his material-emotional-spiritual solitude, there was a steady sort of confidence. They could challenge and defeat him, exile him from his herd, from Helovia. He would remain saddled with the same burdens, for there would be few to miss him and fewer still to pursue him. For once, he gazed into her young face and saw instead the child Isopia had once been to him. Their skull markings were too similar, and he no longer saw Confutatis in the dark whorls of her spirit. Merely a filly brought into life with the burden of a legacy she could not change, could hardly contest. 

Kaj pitied her for the blackened shadow she lived beneath, an oppressive blanket that her mother's departure could never lift. 

Her quiet voice seemed at odds with her mention of Confutatis in the herd meeting, but the Aurelight had grunted a quiet acquiescence nonetheless. A meeting, nothing more. She was part of his flock now, and he would give her due attention when she asked it of him. As if any other matters could not be attended to later anyways. 

In solitude the stallion wandered through the lower meadows, idly watching the sharp streaks of light bouncing off frosted tree limbs and frozen blades of grass that crackled beneath his formidable weight. She lay along the horizon, a fissure of black in a world going grey and white, slowly dying and withering into aged silence blanketed by snow and ice. He approached her quietly, sunlight and shadow meeting on neutral ground, tied to the same family and name in an ironic twist of fate. 

"What is it you wished to speak to me about?" He rumbled, not seeing the point or desire to beat around the proverbial bush. One hip cocked and head tilted to regard her, a pleasant, relatively at-ease pose. They were enemies no longer, after all. If they ever even had been. 

It's like a dream but I swear it's daylight 
I'm falling into darkness swallowed by the deepest night
It's like a bad dream but it's god damned daylight 
image credits

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: i'm searching for something i can't reach - by Kaj - 03-08-2016, 11:22 PM