the Rift

[OPEN] In the Meadow

Oultik Posts: 18
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 7 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Erakro :: Lion :: None TierRen
Oultik

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong.

No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first.

And is waiting for it."

-Terry Pratchett

"Nymeria, of the Hidden Falls," his straight face was betrayed by the laughter in his eyes. Despite how guarded Oultik was around those he did not know his eyes would always tell what his lips may never put to voice. "To you what to I appear? A scavenger?" With a foreleg he nudged Erakro from where she had come topossessively lay in front of him, tired from her play, and he moved close to Nymeria. His eyes had calmed their laughter and he sought to meet her eyes of crimson. "Or a hunter?"

Moving his gaze from the eyes that captivated him Oultik watched a strand of hair in her forelock. To him it looked misplaced, "Should I even ask what it is that you are?" A perfectionist without care for bounds, the stallion reached to lay the hair how he saw fit. If she would allow him he would caress her silky hair, reluctant to pull away. Erakro was a dear addition to his life but the stallion had more need than what she could give. More than what he had ever allowed any to give, even those who had been capable. Away from his responsibilities he was beginning to wonder if losing his magic had not been the gods setting him free from his obligation to the past. Away from responsibilities he felt the yearning for all that he had missed. While on his own Oultik was painfully aware of all that could have been. It was why he had surrounded himself with others who had also been cheated out of their 'could have been's and their 'may be's. Oultik's eyes, that had previously been lit with withheld laughter darkened with brooding. The stallion pulled away from Nymeria with a humorless expression.

Oultik walked back to where Erakro lay, she had been pouting after having been moved aside, and she scrambled to stand after Oultik turned towards her. The cub struggled to understand the emotion that she felt from her bonded. Had the stranger upset him? Made brazen by the protective urge she felt towards her father she started to growl but was stopped short whenever Oultik thrust his head against her side. He drank in her smell and leaned on her presence. Erakro wrapped herself around him. The pair stayed like that until the man had pulled himself together. He moved to pull away but the lion pulled his head close again and licked his ear twice before letting him go. He gave her a tight smile and looked back to Nymeria, "In coming to this land I am being reminded what loneliness is." And Oultik was ill equipped to handle emotions so strong.

@Nymeria I have wrote this post so many times over that it is unreal. I am so sorry for the wait and I hope that Oultik halfway makes sense here.

[Image: outlik_pixel_by_danjahmouse_d9wbjh9_by_t...9zd0je.gif] [Image: VsRNHQ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
In the Meadow - by Oultik - 03-11-2016, 11:17 PM
RE: In the Meadow - by Nymeria - 03-12-2016, 04:53 PM
RE: In the Meadow - by Oultik - 03-14-2016, 10:52 AM
RE: In the Meadow - by Nymeria - 03-19-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: In the Meadow - by Oultik - 04-09-2016, 07:57 PM
RE: In the Meadow - by Nymeria - 04-22-2016, 11:14 AM