the Rift

[O] Just Another Speck Of Sand

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
The blue girl trotted through the forest without a care in the world. Everything seemed to be looking up for the girl, and despite all of her shortcomings and the stress and drama in her life, she was finally content. Much had happened for her recently, and today her focus was on her new magic. It was new and exciting, and she had been practicing and working on it ever since she had discovered it on the beach. Her current focus was summoning her apparitions while she was moving. It was easy enough (well, not easy, but she was getting more comfortably with it) calling to the creatures while stationary, but in order for the magic to be useful in battle, she would need to learn how to use it while moving.

Her ears pivoted and twisted as she made her way along, trying to take care to avoid the jutting roots and icy spots that littered her path. She focused on her breathing, imagining the glittering light that resided in her chest turning into a fluttering sparrow. Before her appeared the smallest sparkle, snapping and popping as it came to life. She pulled at the edges, imagining it spreading into wings and small claws, and a clapping beak. It grew in size, a round ball that was roughly the size of a sparrow. Her teeth gritted as she tried, brows furrowing, tail twitching angrily behind her. "C'mon, you sparkle, be a bir--"

Apparently she should have been paying a bit more attention, as the tree that had so rudely been in her way could have been avoided. Tears welled in her eyes as she sneezed, the pain shooting up her nose enough to blur her vision. She shook her crowned head, trying to displace the pain that had already begun to subside. She blinked away her misted sight, and looked around. She was content in the fact that no one was around to see her blunder. Unfortunately, a nearby form may have bared witness to her laughable mistake. Maybe the dun mare had been looking the other way?

She coughed, lifting her head high, and allowing a smile to light upon her lips. If the stranger had seen her, she certainly had some work to do to prove she wasn't a clumsy idiot who found pleasure in running blindly into a tree.

"Hello!" she called, stepping towards the woman. The stranger's mane nearly met Ki'irha's coat in its colbalt hues, and she could appreciate the unusual color. She slowed as she considered the way the mare held herself. and she stopped in her tracks. "Oh, my apologies, if I woke you from a nice nap I'll happily leave."

She tipped her head, ready to take her leave should the woman want her privacy. Otherwise, she was more than willing to leap into her recruitment speech. Perhaps the lady would prefer a safer, more secure place to rest, instead of within the wild wood.

talk
I’ll taste the night sky —
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits

@Maibe ~
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
[O] Just Another Speck Of Sand - by Maibe - 03-12-2016, 07:51 PM
RE: [O] Just Another Speck Of Sand - by Ki'irha - 03-14-2016, 06:30 PM
RE: [O] Just Another Speck Of Sand - by Maibe - 03-14-2016, 10:35 PM
RE: [O] Just Another Speck Of Sand - by Ki'irha - 03-15-2016, 07:15 PM
RE: [O] Just Another Speck Of Sand - by Maibe - 03-19-2016, 10:07 PM
RE: [O] Just Another Speck Of Sand - by Ki'irha - 03-27-2016, 07:47 PM