the Rift

[OPEN] Away From There to Here

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen

I thought it was wishful thinking that made me see the vivid white against the dark greens and browns of the island. But I know him to truly be there whenever I see the state that he is in. "You," I do not even know what to say, "are terrible at --," Terrible at what? Living. "this." I smile to let him know that the words are not unkind. But it is a tight smile, constrained by concern. His condition is worse from the last time that I saw-- him. I cannot remember his name. I absentmindedly chew my lip. Now that I have finally found him I feel awkward.

"Frostfall has not been particularly bad this year," I clasp my wings tight to my sides feeling guilt for my own body and its well fed shape. "Why are you like this?" My feathers ruffle in reaction to the stress this stallion gives me. He will prematurely age my gold hairs to grey at this rate. He is a full grown stallion. Does he not know how to feed himself? Does he still seek out his dam's teat? Is that who he wishes me to be towards him? The thought makes me stiffen and snort. I care to be no ones keeper.

But isn't it I who sought him out?

My feathers flatten and shift to how they should be. The frustration that I feel does not belong to him. It is solely birthed by my myself and is only directed towards myself. Why do I feel so much for this blumbering stallion? To feel such attachment is foolish; my birth mother left me with only that lesson.

I am scared by what I feel.

"I want to help you," I do not know what triggers the memory of his name but I am suddenly, breathtakingly, aware of it, "Timothy."

Tag;; @Timothy

THICK SKIN & AN ELASTIC HEART

but your blade, it might be too sharp

image by FoolishSunsets

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Messages In This Thread
Away From There to Here - by Faeanne - 03-13-2016, 02:54 PM
RE: Away From There to Here - by Timothy - 03-14-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: Away From There to Here - by Faeanne - 03-14-2016, 11:05 PM
RE: Away From There to Here - by Timothy - 03-14-2016, 11:52 PM