the Rift

[OPEN] Time is a piece of wax

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
The wind was bitterly cold, and it threatened to slice into the midnight girl's cobalt hide. She stood in the shadow of a large boulder, betraying the warm sun and instead attempting to seek shelter by blocking the wind. Birdsong was around the corner, and though Ki'irha loved her infinite-frostfall home, the relief Birdsong would bring was much anticipated. She shivered beneath her insulated hood, which she had pulled as high as her ears to keep out the chill. Each breath rose softly from her nostrils in frosted puffs, and she shifted uneasily from side-to-side to loosen her frozen muscles.

In the distance, two forms approached. She narrowed her eyes as she strained to see them. The closer they came, she was able to sort out that it was a mare and a filly. Mother and child? Certainly it could be assumed, as the filly didn't look old enough to be far from her mother for long. She remained quiet, hidden within her shadows, as the pair came to a stop. She shook her hood down away from her ears, and they twisted towards the pair to catch their words. She was only able to catch a few words from the mare, and none from the child. What she was able to hear provided enough to assume the first part, but she missed the final statement about searching for family.

It was nice to hear the mare remind the filly on proper visiting etiquette. Typically when she met those who wandered onto their doorstep, she met them with coldness until she could be sure they came with no ill-will. Perhaps it wasn't the most becoming way to greet newcomers, but she believed that she needed to be a protector first, and a friend second. But it was obvious with these two that that they came with respect. A smile warmed her features, and she felt no need to jump to the defensive.

"That is a very valuable lesson," she began, stepping from her post in the shadows. The light poured over, alighting her coat in a vivid blue sheen. Keen eyes sparkled as they met the stunning blues of the filly. Her voice was warm, as she was not threatened in the slightest by the strangers, and did not want to frighten the child. "It is the polite thing to do. You should always wait for an invitation before entering someone's home." She lifted her head, meeting the mare's gaze.

"Hello. I am Ki'irha, the Aurora Basin General. Please excuse my eavesdropping, but it is part of my responsibility to intercept newcomers." She dipped her head in a respectful greeting. "What brings you this far north? The journey tends to be dangerous this time of year." Especially for a child. The last part she didn't say out loud, but she couldn't help but think it. Typically, many of the passes were blocked with snow, and the ice could give way to deadly ravines if a careless hoof stepped out of line. She shrugged at her internal thoughts, though the slight shift of her shoulders could easily be attributed to the cool breeze.

Ki'irha

@d'Arcy @Raeden ~
Figured I'd drop in. If this isn't alright just let me know and I'll delete. I tried to leave it open for d'Arcy to do her thing and Ki wouldn't impede any discussion.
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Time is a piece of wax - by Raeden - 03-13-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: Time is a piece of wax - by Ki'irha - 03-14-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: Time is a piece of wax - by d'Arcy - 04-04-2016, 10:18 PM
RE: Time is a piece of wax - by Déodat - 04-06-2016, 05:25 PM